starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bit of a Twist on the Usual Questions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericreichelt81 View Post
    Just bodybuilding. Seriously. I'm still list on the squat and pull to make everything better. To a point maybe, but overall it always comes back to specificity. If you want to get big and lose a few pounds you're on the right track. Pull sleds and push a prowler at the end of each session.
    Monday chest, tri
    Tuesday back, bis
    Weds off
    Thurs shoulders, traps
    Fri arms
    Sat back

Eat, add weight as often as possible. It's been done by more people than not.
    You know how I said lots of people do the same routine for years and don't make any progress? They usually follow a template like that. It's one thing to say many people have done it, and it's another thing to say many people have done it and made substantial gains from it.

How is a novice going to make months of continuous, uninterrupted progress on a body part split? What's the plan for progression? How will a bunch of small exercises create the systemic overload that disrupts homeostasis and creates an adaptive response?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
    You pose a strong case. Fair enough haha I jut purchased the 70's Big LP and will follow as written and post a log, follow it to a T and hopefully get to me goals of a 225 press and 315 bench.
    You should just stick to the SS novice linear progression, get a coach if possible, and run it out until you stall once or twice, then switch to an intermediate program that focuses more on bench and press. However, your program should always include improvements in squat and deadlift over time.

n = 1, but I did Smolov (I only squatted for 3 months). My squat went up 70lbs and my press went up 10lb, having not pressed in 3 months. The lack of true segregation in muscle gain makes it very important that you continue to get your squat and deadlift to increase even if you only want to have a moderately large bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Coyne View Post
    You know how I said lots of people do the same routine for years and don't make any progress? They usually follow a template like that. It's one thing to say many people have done it, and it's another thing to say many people have done it and made substantial gains from it.

How is a novice going to make months of continuous, uninterrupted progress on a body part split? What's the plan for progression? How will a bunch of small exercises create the systemic overload that disrupts homeostasis and creates an adaptive response?
    I don't see where I put a bunch of small exercises in there. Second, you don't need systemic overload to force adaptation. You need stress, local or systemic. If he wants to focus on hypertrophy, he's best served by volume and frequency being higher. It dosent matter you follow. If you half ass it you will be and look the same year after year. Hopefully, he has a better mentality than that.

I do. I already purchased the 70s Big LP because I feel it is a bit more upper body focused, while still staying true to the principles of linear progression and a program that I commit to and like will ultimately help me get in there and progress over something I am not jazzed about. Gonna take a week off to recover and start it up. I will keep track of my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
    I do. I already purchased the 70s Big LP because I feel it is a bit more upper body focused, while still staying true to the principles of linear progression and a program that I commit to and like will ultimately help me get in there and progress over something I am not jazzed about. Gonna take a week off to recover and start it up. I will keep track of my progress.
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes. We love, six months later, hearing about how a program went for someone when they asked on the boards. Usually, people just float off into the aether.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL View Post
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes. We love, six months later, hearing about how a program went for someone when they asked on the boards. Usually, people just float off into the aether.
    Thanks man I will keep you guys updated. Also, anyone on here done the 70's Big LP before that I could ask a few questions to? Their site hasn't been updated really and it doesn't seem like there's anywhere to ask any questions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123