starting strength gym

Thread: Low Back Pain from Deads

Default Low Back Pain from Deads

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched and didnt find anything very close.

About 2 weeks ago, I was deadlifting, 385 for a single, and 3/4 of the way up, I felt a sharp pain and a warm sensation in my low back, right above my tailbone. I finished the rep then set it down, and stood there until the pain subsided, and I could move. I tried to bend down to unload the bar and couldnt, the pain was too bad. So i waddled home. The pain was almost as bad the next day, but by the 3rd day it was alot better, and i have no radiating pain or sciatica, just low back ache.

About a week in i did 95# squats, and they hurt at the bottom. Deadlifts were very painful even with the bar.

Two days later i squatted 135x10x3 and deadlifted 135. neither really Hurt, but were uncomfortable.
    Yesterday worked up to a 275 deadlift, didnt hurt but was uncomfortable. Had a dull ache afterwards.
    Today, it hurts worse in the morning, and gets gets better throughout the day, to where it doesnt hurt at all, unless i bend over like a good morning or try to touch my toes, and so I did 225x5x3 squats, belted, and they hurt a little, but not enough to not work through. had a dull ache afterwards, but it went away in about an hour.

Ive been stretching it 2-3 times a day. Sitting makes it worse.

Does it sound muscular/ligament or disc related?
    Last edited by Gorlox22; 04-20-2012 at 07:11 AM.