starting strength gym

Thread: Esther Gokhale vs Stuart Mcgill

Default Esther Gokhale vs Stuart Mcgill

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm having sciatica when I sit down for more than 20 mins. And its rather pissing me off... I'm in need of something for when I sit down and have narrowed it down to 2 products.

Esther believes in traction to heal the back, her work sounds logical and everyone advices traction to heal back problems.

http://egwellness.com/stretchsit%E2%84%A2-cushion

Now whats put me off is Stuart Mcgill, and his 'dynamic lumbar supports'

http://www.backfitpro.com/lumbar_support.php

He's wrote many books on the spine and seems to know his shit. So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these products.

Thanks,

I read Esther's book - got it from the Library - after seeing Dan John recommend it (or at least I think he attended her seminar or whatever).

I have back pain too. I didn't follow Esther's advice to a T. I think she has some decent suggestions, but I'm not completely convinced about her theory regarding how people should bend over which to me is basically a romanian deadlift bend.

I'm probably going to break down and go to a chiropractor, but I'm also curious what others think about these two methods.

EDIT: Sorry, never addressed the products. I did try Esther's at home traction techniques without buying anything, with little success.
    Last edited by yorick; 05-03-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I'm having sciatica when I sit down for more than 20 mins. And its rather pissing me off... I'm in need of something for when I sit down and have narrowed it down to 2 products.
    Do you get it on both sides or one side?

Both, The sciatica came after an osteopath adjusted my upper back injury. Seemed to fucked something up in my lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    Do you get it on both sides or one side?
    bump.

spar, did you have any further advice?