starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Bill Starr Rehab for Muscle Pulls

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It doesn't have an abnormal shape at all, just coloring. I hurt it Sunday the 24th and maybe re-aggrivated it on Tuesday the 26th and stopped after 1 rep. Discoloring didn't happen until later last week. I may try curls in a few days, if it continues feeling okay, with my old 1" dumbbells, if I don't hear anything further to convince me not to.

if it's already been that long you could just start now with air curls or soup cans or bottle of wine or something. I just tested out 50 reps w/ wine-bottles and got a mini pump going by the end.

and it made my (brand new-ish) tennis elbow hurt a bit. :-)

I just saw the occupational therapist here at work and she said I'd have to get an MRI to really know what is damaged and what to what extent. She said she had to recommend to me to see a doctor as a part of her position, but said local surgeon's probably wouldn't treat it since it didn't seem to affect my shoulder. I haven't lost range of motion or did I have pain when she applied force to my arm in different directions (up, down, twist). I do get pain if I lift over like 10-15 lbs with it (grocery bags, dog, etc).

Part of me is curious to what really happened, but I don't feel like paying $$$ to find out and not get treatment. Just going to do the non or light weight hi-rep therapy on it as veryhrm suggested.

I have had a similar injury, i.e. bruise on bicep. I think it was from dead lifting. I have also had noticeable muscle tear. I investigated the reason for the muscle tear and came to the conclusion there is no clear definable reason for a muscle tear. Like muscle pulls, they sometimes happen when we engage in strenuous activity. S**t happens. To you question on the $$$ from the MRI, I found medical people stay with what they know, surgeons like to fix things by cutting, non-surgeons like to fix things with drugs. If they are not sure, they ask for more tests. This is my opinion and has no real basis for being true, so take it for what it is worth. However, you know your injury better than most, so if you can move without pain, you don't believe it is a joint problem, and you have noticed a bruise, try the Starr rehab using veryhrm's recommnedation. If it hurts with sharp pain or you think it is a joint injury, then consider the $$$ for additional tests.

starting strength coach development program
    RDLs or Squats using this protocol for a hamstring pull sustained while sprinting? My instincts always say squat, but want to check in here. Any help would be appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12