starting strength gym

Thread: Mulitple Tweaks

Default Mulitple Tweaks

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have been on LP for about 7 months now. I will usually have a decent run for about a month or so and then I will get a tweak, but nothing major. So far, its lower back, hips, shoulders, wrists. So after a tweak, I reset the affected lifts and the work back up. I can usually pass up the previous run, but then another tweak and its back to a reset. Obviously, this is slow going. Not sure what to do, but curious if others have experienced this. I do have smaller and "loose joints" which I think are more susceptible to this sort of issue.

Ht/Weight = 5'11", 188 lb
    Age = 41
    ------------
    Squat - 225
    Deadlift - 280
    Press - 110
    Bench Press -185

Speaking for myself, I had some dings that delayed me when I first started out, but once I got my form sorted out, I can push any of the lifts until I fail without doing myself any damage. I still have to tape my wrists from time to time, but that's about the only thing that ever gives me any trouble these days. So I would look carefully at form, and the other thing is to not get greedy and don't pile on so much weight that you can't do the lift correctly. I know you have to push your limits to make gains, but there is a balance to be found there.

Poster, I have had many resets for many teasons. Don't worry too much or over think it. Do not compare your training to some of the sick progressions others may have. Reset if/ when necessary but also try to be as mentally strong as possible to get your planned work sets in.
    Train for the long game. This means remain injury free while getting stronger. In the big scheme a few resets are nothing. For each reset I make it a point to eat more and rest more, that usually helps.

Yeah, I haven't been aggressive at all with the increments and ate/slept well. It may be just be something I have to accept and just take it slow. Better to just reset than get seriously hurt.

The good news is the bench press doesn't seem to be much of an issue so at least for that lift I can continue progressing.

I'm only six weeks in, but I'm right there with you composite. At maybe three weeks I already started with pain in the adductor region during squats, plus left wrist pain, and left shoulder pain during press. Now I've also got pain in the hip flexor area, bilateral, and lower back. I never felt so old.