starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower biceps pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    How bad is the pain? If you can train through it and can't remember what caused it I wouldn't worry.

If it hurts to perform a certain exercise to the point that it disrupts your ability to do so or the pain is too distracting then stop doing that movement or any other silliness that exacerbates it.
    Avoid that movement for a few days and then reassess. Leave it alone, don't rub tennis balls on it, or poke at it with a blunt stick or foam roll it or add any deep heat. Don't add curls if you are not already or do band work or smear peanut butter on it, avoid praying to strange deities / making deals with devils or who knows what other snake oil you kids are being fed this month by T-Nation/Art of Cuckliness.

If it shows no sign of improvement after a couple weeks, additional steps may need to be taken.
    That sounds entirely too sensible

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    That sounds entirely too sensible
    How does it feel today man, better - right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    How does it feel today man, better - right?
    It's generally at the minor annoyance, although feels strange when I lift something at an odd angle, phase.

However, pullups (palms in) are quite noticeable, while chins and neutral grip feel fine. This seems a bit weird.

However, pullups (palms in) are quite noticeable, while chins and neutral grip feel fine. This seems a bit weird.
    If you hold your arm out palm down is it on the upper side of the elbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    If you hold your arm out palm down is it on the upper side of the elbow?
    If I hold my arm out palm down it's on my biceps, facing my body, a few inches from the elbow and in the middle (middle from upper to lower in that orientation).

I've found that almost every pain I have will go away if I assume they're caused by trigger points. Try using something like a lacrosse ball to massage the upper arm. (The trigger point isn't necessarily located where you feel the pain, but the ball will cause pain when it moves over a trigger point.)

If I hold my arm out palm down it's on my biceps, facing my body, a few inches from the elbow and in the middle (middle from upper to lower in that orientation).
    Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I've been searching the web and it seems like you're the only one I've found that had the same pain that I currently have. May I ask if you obtained any further information on what it is, and if you remember doing any treatment and (assuming you healed) how long it took for the pain to go away?

lived all over the world, currently Monterey CA

starting strength coach development program
    I know this is an old thread but I had this problem and the issue actually came from my squat. I was squatting with so much tightness in my grip that the weight was actually on my elbows, but I didn't feel the pain during squat. I felt it during bench press. If this sounds like you, you need to squat with a grip where the weight stays on your back and not on your palms as that forces the weight into your elbows causing biceps pain. It'll take some time to heal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12