starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diagnosed with soft tissue anterior ankle impingiment

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    Surgery scheduled for march 3. I feel like a tranny havig a sex change op. I can't wait.
    Good luck with your new penis.

I'm having second thoughts, please advise. Not sure I want to go forward with it. I'm scared.

How does it feel?
    Because one of my ankle has less rom in dorsiflexion then the other, and when approaching the limit it kinda hurts around the anterior tarsal bones.
    Doesn't bother me in anything unless I stretch that ankle tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate9 View Post
    How does it feel?
    Because one of my ankle has less rom in dorsiflexion then the other, and when approaching the limit it kinda hurts around the anterior tarsal bones.
    Doesn't bother me in anything unless I stretch that ankle tho.
    that's how it feels. my right ankle is worst than the left.

i'm kind of excited again. trying to get this girl to come over so we can get high on my painkillers afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    that's how it feels. my right ankle is worst than the left.

i'm kind of excited again. trying to get this girl to come over so we can get high on my painkillers afterwards.
    Damn... That means i have the same thing, never game me problem, should I get it checked or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate9 View Post
    Damn... That means i have the same thing, never game me problem, should I get it checked or whatever?
    If it doesn't bother you then you don't have to. If it's affecting your lifts then maybe you can consider it. Even with extra heels on my weightlifting shoes I still lack ankle mobility and in the case of impingiments it's impossible to improve it without surgery. I'm probably just going to do the right ankle.

Surgery was a success. Ankle is still tight but I no longer feel a pinch on top of my feet. It's just tight near the achilles tendon because I never had this mobility before. I squatted today only 5 days after the surgery and my feet did not pronate as much, if at all, like it used to. I also felt a stretch on the bottom of my foot which is from all the new mobility I'm getting. It'll only get better with time as I keep stretching it. I'm so happy I did it!

I hope this thread helps someone.

starting strength coach development program
    A little update, four months later. I now get 5 inches knee to wall test. Previously I could barely get 3.5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12