• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is a thing now

GainzZz Rx- Watermelon | Barbell Medicine

Prob gonna try

Should be a monster in 6-8 weeks

Watermelon and Sour Gummy?

I cant bring myself to buy anything named GainzZz

It contains the exact amounts of nutrients he's always recommending; should be interesting.

looks interesting. is this geared towards gainzzz in mass, strength or both?

Also, at this price, would it be a waste if I took 1/2 scoop pre and post workout or will there still be a benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post

Also, at this price, would it be a waste if I took 1/2 scoop pre and post workout or will there still be a benefit?
    It's not a mass gainer product or anything, but it aims to aid in your recovery and training, so I guess both if you eat enough? :-)

And if you price out the items individually, it's actually cheaper to take this all in one. I'd take the full dose, but if you really want to cut it down, I'd just take one scoop either pre or post. (I'm pretty sure that's the right answer. )

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    *sigh*

IMO, suboptimal.

You wouldn't get the 5g of leucine in the BCAA mix for proper MPS effect. . . . a bloodstream spike is best.
    (10g BCAA @ 2:1:1 ratio = 5g leucine . . . if you were half-ing it, would equal only 2.5 g, maybe not enough for 'spike')

And the creatine would be only 2.5g per day instead of 5g.
    Unless would supplement that elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    I'd take the full dose, but if you really want to cut it down, I'd just take one scoop either pre or post. (I'm pretty sure that's the right answer. )
    I'd say yes, full dose . . . . IMO = "pre" if one or the other

This seems like a good product since there is no caffeine....if you have to train in the evening you may not want to be loading up with caff. You could just grab some caffeine pills to take pre-workout when you wanted the extra kick.

starting strength coach development program
    I'd definitely be stocking up with this, but it's only deliverable in the US and I'm in Europe - and it would probably work out too expensive even if there were international shipping, anyway.

So I'll have to buy the supps separately and brew my own.

Although I've yet to find Betaine Anhydrous...

Can anyone help me with a couple questions?

How does this (or any) pre/post workout brew fit in with the necessary 3+ hours between meals to allow for MPS?

EG: if I were to treat this as a meal, for the sake of MPS, I'd eat 3 hours before my workout, take this preworkout, then workout for, say, 1 hour or 1.5 hours, then take this post workout which would be too early for MPS, and then I'd have to wait another 3 hours to eat. That'd create a 7+ hour period when I wouldn't eat, as a result.

Clearly, I'm not going to do that - but how do you optimize for MPS and taking pre/post workout supps like this?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast