starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder Bursitis

Default Shoulder Bursitis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi All -

I have had issue with my right shoulder for the better part of a half year. It started with AC joint pain that I largely got relief from doing shoulder dislocations and supinated DB raises between sets. However, currently I still have to keep up my supinated raises and shoulder pre-hab or my AC joint bothers me almost instantly. In addition to this, I am presenting with, what I believe to be, bursitis. If I flex my arm at 90 degrees then conduct abduction, I experience pain right around 80-110 degrees. This whole shoulder joint is having issues and I need to get an MRI. I will get the MRI once I get my HSA debit card in the mail.

Has anyone had any experience?

TL-DR - shoulder pain at around 80-120 degree abduction; same shoulder has a history/current AC joint problems as well.

I haven't been able to get my bench press back up to PR territory or beyond in over a year and a half. I am giving serious consideration to quitting bench press and just getting good at OHP if it means preserving the longevity of my shoulder health.

I find a lot of shoulder issues are due to trigger points in rotator cuff muscles.

Taylor - thanks for the reply. So, dig into the shoulder with lacrosse balls n' such?

Yes. The source of the pain can be fairly removed from where you feel it. You might have to roll around on the ball in order to find the tender spots. Easiest way is to lean your back against the wall with the lacrosse ball in between and move it around. You'll need to move it across the whole half of your upper back, until almost the spine.

Right now, I'm experiencing some pain similar to yours, if I understand you correctly, and I've found that I have some tender spots in either my infraspinatus or supraspinatus (I can't see behind me). Rolling provides some instant relief, but, if history is any guide, it may take a few weeks of several treatments per day to make it go away completely.

Thanks dude.

starting strength coach development program
    I got a pair of Indian Clubs to help with my range of motion and shoulder pain...been happy with the results. I no longer have any pain in my shoulders and feel that my flexibility has improved. Look on amazon got mine for like $30.