starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower back pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    That doesn't help dude. "Maybe you just tweaked it" could mean "maybe you just slightly injured a muscle" or maybe you just slightly injured a joint" or maybe you just slightly injured a tendon" or anything else. All would have a different way to recover and rehab.
    Means you fucked something up in your back, but just a little bit, and the way to rehab it is to keep training while it heals by himself.
    As said before usually you don't injury muscles and tendons in your back, if you get a tweak it's probably a facet or the SI

Search Will Morris, a SSC on the forums. Smart chiro, he probably has answered this. If not DM him.
    Guy is incredible was out all things back, spine etc.

I injured my back a long time ago (This was 2 years ago I didn't know anything about SS or Strength training then, just wanted to be "cool" and check how strong I was) doing deadlifts snap city, 100kg 3x4 and something just went wrong on the last set, like a burning feeling and I knew immediately that it was bad. After reading the articles and listening to the podcasts it's been made clear, over and over again, that what I should just focus on is getting stronger and in return that's gonna fix my back (well, at least, very very likely from my understanding).

So I got no clue what it is still to this day, it has "opened" up once doing 60kg warmup deadlifts, and my right side spasmed like crazy for 3 days and I could barely walk. Most of the time now it doesn't hurt, but I feel it sometimes and it's uncomfortable 3-4/10 on a pain level. Like sometimes I wake up and it hurts. Anyone that has gone through anything similar/ Anyone that has any advice that could be beneficial?
    Last edited by SSDino; 04-27-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Doesn't sound like your back is "fixed".

So, when did I say it's "fixed"? It's a work in progress for sure. If it was fixed I wouldn't come ask for advice...

I'm no expert, just sharing my experience.
    One day I "tweaked" my lower back. Kept training and setting PRs. Pain got worse every week and after 4 weeks of training through the pain, I stopped. Because my back hurted when I was sitting, when I was standing, when I was lying sometimes too. All day, every day. After 3 months of no squats and deadlifts, I tried squatting again. It hurted, even with the empty bar. 5 months after that or so it was completely healed but now I managed to "tweak" it again.
    I'm not saying you should stop training. Just be careful with your tweak.

starting strength coach development program
    That's fucking scary. Your confident your form was good? I'm grateful for everyday I'm healthy to be honest. Walking out of the gym, not in pain is something I'm happy about when others take it for granted. This injury put things in perspective for me. When your 19 you don't except to be dealing with this kind of crap.

Zar do you know what was wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12