starting strength gym

Thread: Costochondritis

Default Costochondritis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Apparently this is something that happens when you jack up the cartilidge between your ribs and sternum. And it can scare the piss out of you when it happens on the left side, but it got me priority treatment at the urgent care place.

I did a little poking around here and elsewhere but I haven't found much encouragement as far as prognosis. I hit a heavy single on the bench exactly one week before this ecrusciating pain started in my chest and had not worked out since. Methylprednisolone knocked the pain out 100% for the time being but I'm a little worried benching again.

Has anyone else here had to deal with this? im worried this may turn out like my tendinitis. I had to rest that tendon for a good year before it would leave me alone.

Watch where you put your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Watch where you put your belt.
    My lifting belt? I take it too high strains the ribs?

I'll keep that in mind. I like to shove it down low over my beer gut anyway. I do have a really large rib cage for a skinny fat guy.

I had that. It eventually went away. I was relieved it was just rib inflammation instead of pancreatitis or some sheeeeit.

Seems to be doing fine now. 1 week off of the steroids with no pain but I haven't benched yet. Pressed and squatted last night. I think I may wait another week or so before I bench again. I was testing my 1rm on bench when it started so I'm hoping my normal workout weights won't cause it to flare up. Guess I will find out soon enough.