starting strength gym

Thread: Unilateral nerve injury symptoms?

Default Unilateral nerve injury symptoms?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hopefully some MDs or anyone who knows anything about nerve injuries can help me out here.

Last year, I noticed my left shoulder was hanging lower than my right shoulder and generally felt weaker than my right, especially when pressing. I have a lot of clicking in my shoulder when moving it but no pain associated with the clicking. I have some pretty bad tingling around my left scapular area which occurs when sitting down at my table studying. I also have pain in my posterior delt. I think this injury came from rugby a few years ago which has got progressively worse but I'm not certain.

Over the last week, I noticed that my left eyelid/eyebrow area was twitching pretty violently. It would come at different times during the day and can last up to 15 mins.

This morning, I noticed my left bicep was twitching. It would twitch non stop for 5 mins, go away, then come back like an hour later.

None of these symptoms present on my right side.

The unilateral nature of these symptoms leads me to believe that it's a nerve injury but I am uncertain.

I have a referral for an MRI I was going to get done on my shoulder but I'm considering going to my GP and get a referral for my neck. He's pretty clueless when it comes to these type of injuries.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Just as an update, all of my twitching symptoms are completely gone. I still get tingling in my back, the frequency of which has increased, mainly because I haven't been lifting and am hunched over my desk for 15 hours a day. I'm still going to try to get a referral for an MRI of my neck. What the hell is happening to my body?

Re the twitching....magnesium always makes mine go away...unless it is the result of nerve impingement.

If I were you, i'd focus on posture...get those shoulder blades together and think about making your neck long (to help create some space for the nerves). And get a standing desk so you aren't sitting 15 hours/day.

I'm not an MD; just a guy who has dealt with nerve entrapment myself. It sucks but don't let them cut ya. Good luck!