starting strength gym

Thread: Wrist pain and swelling

Default Wrist pain and swelling

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Helped the owner of my gym move a rack. While pulling the rack into position there was a tiny pop in my wrist. It's been a month and I still have swelling and pain. The pain comes in waves sometimes - other times it just aches. It is effecting my presses a little.

The pain and swelling are on the ulna side of the wrist, more towards the palm side. The selling is limiting flexion of the wrist a bit, but I have no problems rotating it.

Ibuprofen doesn't have much effect nor does ice. I use wrist wraps and it helps a little with the lifts but that's about it.

Anyone experience something like this? Just looking for an idea on how long it will take for this to heal.

I'm not doctor, but I've had a couple of ligament surgeries in my right wrist, it could be a ligament issue to get checked out. Typically anything that's messing with me for a month or more I am going to get looked at.

Yeah, I tend to think the same way. But today it's feeling about 50% better. I guess it's true... talking helps.

I am going to give it a little more time.