starting strength gym

Thread: Pain at end of elbow

Default Pain at end of elbow

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

I'm a novice, 48 years old. I've developed an elbow issue that I'm having trouble identifying. I spend some time searching the forums for "elbow pain", but did not see any threads that seemed to apply.

During the last two weeks, I've developed a pain at the very end of the elbow bone, that flares up if I rub up against something like an armrest at a certain angle. It doesn't feel like a tendon or muscle, and I haven't noticed any pain during lifts. The closest thing I can relate to it is like hitting the funny bone, but without the tingling/nerve sensation.

It might be relevant to note that I am learning bench press for the first time, and have caught elbow flare on a few reps. So faulty form may be at play?

Anyone have ideas about what this could be, and any possible rehab solution? Not certain if I should be concerned, as it doesn't seem to be affecting strength or rom. But it is something I'd like to nip in the bud if possible. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnal View Post

It might be relevant to note that I am learning bench press for the first time, and have caught elbow flare on a few reps. So faulty form may be at play?
    More than likely, yes. Post a video in the Technique area.

Thanks for your response. My gym has banned video, but I'm working on finding a time to covertly film myself.