starting strength gym

Thread: Anterior compartment syndrome

Default Anterior compartment syndrome

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Been walking / running quite a bit as part of a cut. Developed soreness in the tibialis anterior muscle, enough to make it pretty hard to walk (I'm not very sensitive to pain). Sounds like anterior compartment syndrome. Been wrapping it at night, icing it, massaging it, and adjusting my stride temporarily to keep from aggravating it. Cut way down on my walking (normally 30-35 miles per week) for a week. I don't want to keep aggravating it, making it chronic. Anything else I can to to make it heal faster? It's been a week, and still pretty tender.

I plan to try taping it in the manner suggested in the video in this post.

I have had it a couple of times. It was very uncomfortable to walk, but did not interfere with lifting. I believe it took around two weeks to clear up. As long as the direction of severity is favourable (i.e. it is improving) I wouldn't worry too much and accept that it's going to take time. All I did to look after myself was restrict my walking and walk more slowly.

I found out that the fascia eventually grows /stretches to accommodate the muscle, but that it can be painful. Mine is slowly getting better. I'm doing about 4 miles a day, minimizing dorsiflexion, and it's improving.

I thought I was OK with both British and American English, but I've never heard the term "stuff boots", and I haven't been able to figure it out from context. Is there another common name for them?

Aaaaah! Stiff boots! Those I have...

Autocorrect did it again, presumably. I do my best proofreading after I hit "post".