starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop Training with Neck / Head Pain Issue?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Interesting point on repetitions. I thought that high volume at lower weight made sense in that it produces a different type of conditioning stress - at least that's how I understood that section of SS (page 302 in the 3rd edition).

I didn't see anything about that sort of thing being unwise for people my age, but there's a lot in the book and perhaps I missed it. If you - or anyone else - can point to that, it would be much appreciated, because I'm always interested in learning more from people who have more experience than I do.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.B. View Post
    Interesting point on repetitions. I thought that high volume at lower weight made sense in that it produces a different type of conditioning stress - at least that's how I understood that section of SS (page 302 in the 3rd edition).
    I didn't see anything about that sort of thing being unwise for people my age, but there's a lot in the book and perhaps I missed it. If you - or anyone else - can point to that, it would be much appreciated, because I'm always interested in learning more from people who have more experience than I do.
    Doing squats to exhaustion is risky, because you get sloppy and sloppy squats can injure you.
    Bodybuilders like to work high reps to failure, but I think they are more likely to do several sets of 5 squats, then move to the leg press machine before their coordination gives out.

Are you a bodybuilder, or are you trying to develop strength?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12