starting strength gym

Thread: Thigh bruising after squats

Default Thigh bruising after squats

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys

A bruise has appeared after a workout on my right thigh around 4-6" down from groin level about an inch left of centre.

Workout was bench/squats/DB rows/volume press

Squats were a 3x5 PB, and I think this might have been the driver, although cannot pinpoint when or what happened to bring the bruising on.

Has anyone any idea what caused the bruising?

It wasn't sore at the time and doesn't bother me day to day (tender to the touch just now), but don't want to provoke something worse through ignorance. I know sometimes bruising can be a sign of a tear or something so wanted to throw it on here to see what's what.

Thanks

First question. Is it possible your legs are contacting the belt during the Squat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    First question. Is it possible your legs are contacting the belt during the Squat?
    +1. I see people with SBD lever belts that have this bruise where the lever touches their leg.

Great question - recently got a lever belt and that would have been my second or third workout with it. Could well have been that.

Is it just a case of no harm done so keep trucking / move the belt buckle around a little I guess.
    Last edited by CrouchingWayne; 07-23-2017 at 12:19 PM.