starting strength gym

Thread: Weird Shoulder pain one day after horizontal pressing

Default Weird Shoulder pain one day after horizontal pressing

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First of all, I know bench techniques and my forms are checked by coaches ,it is good
    I've checked by physio and they didn't help as always. I've asked hundreds people including coaches they've never heard of it...
    I do lots of upper back and rear delt work ,no other injury history

Here is the situation: I get anterior shoulder pain ONE DAY after HORIZONTAL pressing(ie dips, BB/DB bench, incline press), NO pain during them.

The pain is around where humerus attaches the chest, 1-2 fingers below the head of humerus ,it's a dull pain and i can only feel it when i apply pressure/anterior glide my humerus

I can perform these exercise with NO pain: Vertical pressing(the press , DB overhead press ) , Chest isolation (pec deck, cable chest crossover) ,however, my chest never get sore after Chest isolation

What's the problem ???

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Proximal biceps insertion?
    Maybe , I've done some reaserch on that area , but haven't seen any useful treatment or exercises
    Also , most resources claim that overhead movement will make it worse , but it doesn't apply to me.

Haven't benched for months because of this shoulder problem .. benched yesterday , hurting today ....