starting strength gym

Thread: Need feedback on Nike Romaleos shoes

Default Need feedback on Nike Romaleos shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have wide feet...EEE. Anyone wear Nike Romaleos weightlifting shoes that also have wide feet. In the website for the shoe they recommend going down a half size from your normal shoe size. I just want to know if they fit comfortably on wide feet and if the size you have is the same size as your day to day shoe size.

I have slightly wide feet (EE) and I feel like they would be an even better fit if my feet were slightly wider. I wear the same shoe size (10.5) with my Romaleos as I do with normal footwear.

I have wide feet and they are fine.

I have a pair of Nike Romaleo II's. I love them! To answer your question, I'm not sure that I would consider my feet to be wide. However, I did see the recommendation about going down a half-size. I typically wear a 10-10.5 in my everyday shoes. To determine my size, I went to a local Sport's Authority and tried on about 10-15 different Nikes. I tried to choose models that were somewhat similar to the Romaleo in their intended function. What I found was that a 9.5 fit me snugly but comfortably in most of their shoes. In a few of their shoes, a 9.5 was too tight and I needed a 10. With that information, I decided to follow the general recommendation and went with the smaller size of 9.5. When I first got the Romaleo II's, they did fit snugly but were comfortable. What I have found after using them for 8+ months is that they have loosened up (i.e. broken in). So, I am glad that I did not purchase the size 10 because they would be a little too big - especially now that they have broken in. I think the analogy of a glove fitting your hand is a good one to apply here - over time, the shoes will stretch/adapt to your feet. In summary, my experience matches what you have read elsewhere.

By the way, in case you don't know, keep an eye on Rogue's website under the Closeout section. Sometimes, you can pickup a pair of gently used Nike Romaleo II's for a significant discount. However, the sizes are limited and go quickly when available.

I guess I have normal width feet . . .All I can say the metatarsal straps are plenty long enough . . .
    I'll crank them tight and there's plenty of extra strap/velco left over (say for a wider foot).

The rear part of the shoe encapsulates your heel somewhat (hard plastic comes up the sides of heel a little) . . . but I but "wide foot" is probably wide mostly at the front 2/3's.