starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Problems

Default Sleep Problems

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello there.

I know everyone's different but it seems that the received wisdom allows for between 7 and 8 hours of slumber per night. My workaday schedule only allows for a training slot beginning around 6pm and I (and my training partner) usually finish up around 7:30pm. By 9ish, after a good meal I'm usually suitably 'wound down' and ready for bed!

However, despite the sleepiness I struggle to drop off and even though I've had around 7.5 hours sleep by time my alarm goes of at 5:45, I often have this 'wired tired' feeling that eventually melds into a general fatigue for the remainder of the day, making for a lack lustre employee and (worse!) grumpy husband and father...!

I'm wondering if this is a common problem for night time training and would greatly appreciate your much esteemed expertise.

Cheers,
    Wayne

It might be the late meal that is causing the disturbance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayney B View Post
    Hello there.

I know everyone's different but it seems that the received wisdom allows for between 7 and 8 hours of slumber per night. My workaday schedule only allows for a training slot beginning around 6pm and I (and my training partner) usually finish up around 7:30pm. By 9ish, after a good meal I'm usually suitably 'wound down' and ready for bed!

However, despite the sleepiness I struggle to drop off and even though I've had around 7.5 hours sleep by time my alarm goes of at 5:45, I often have this 'wired tired' feeling that eventually melds into a general fatigue for the remainder of the day, making for a lack lustre employee and (worse!) grumpy husband and father...!

I'm wondering if this is a common problem for night time training and would greatly appreciate your much esteemed expertise.

Cheers,
    Wayne
    Sunset there is 8:19 tonight!

How is your sleep hygiene? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_hygiene

Also, is your mattress in good condition?

I often have this 'wired tired' feeling that eventually melds into a general fatigue for the remainder of the day, making for a lack lustre employee and (worse!) grumpy husband and father...!
    This is pretty normal, it's called 'life'

Are you taking a preworkout or stimulants before training?

I am having sleep issues at present, lucky if I get 3 or 4 hours a night, its causing my lifts to slow down very quickly, not happy.

The later I lift, the more it impacts my ability to fall asleep. It's not an uncommon phenomenon round these here parts. But as other poster said, sleep hygiene, sleep hygiene, sleep hygiene. It's of great importance and can't be stressed enough.

Hello there.

Cheers,
    Wayne

Becoming a father, a 7.5 hour night of sleep is now a dream come true and I feel like a new man on the rare occasion this happens. Coffee keeps me going.

starting strength coach development program
    Hello there.

Cheers,
    Wayne
    Sleep needs vary by the individual. You may need 9 hours to feel rested. The late meal and sleep hygiene suggestions are good ones. This stuff really isn't one-size-fits-all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast