starting strength gym

Thread: Adaptation of Tendons

Default Adaptation of Tendons

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,
    At the start of this year I injured my elbow somehow doing power cleans, and I have only just managed to 'fix' it.

However I have heard that tendons and joints take much longer to adapt to a weight than muscles because of a smaller blood flow.
    As I am now about to restart starting strength, and by that I mean do it properly instead of failing every other aspect other than the actual lifting routine, I was a little concerned that my elbows would be reaggravated and I'd have to take even longer off of lifting.

So should I follow a smaller increase in weight even from the beginning instead of the 10lbs jump each workout for deadlift etc? In order to protect my joints and tendons, or am i just being ignorant?

I've just turned 16 BTW
    Thanks for the help
    Scott

Why do you think that you have to stop training when you're injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Some people think that if lifting gives them a discomfort that they are doing something wrong and that they should stop immediately. On the other hand you have guys that say their form is good since no pain (I was talking to a cat-back deadlifter).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I stopped training because everything I doing was just making it worse, so I felt that it would be better to just rest it

Jesus, kid you are 16 years old - you could have your left leg completely detached in a mining accident and still grow one back in time to lift. Recovery is optimal at your age. Enjoy it while you can.

starting strength coach development program
    Scott, there are about 10 years of posts on this board, about 40% of them regarding injuries. I suggest you get busy reading them.