starting strength gym

Thread: A case on third grade of spondylolisthesis

Default A case on third grade of spondylolisthesis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello Mark, my name is Daniel, and i've been a fan for a while and i am happy to finally make contact with you, even on this unpleasant subject. About the topic now.
    A friend of mine has been diagnosed with a second to third grade of spondylolisthesis ( http://www.homeorizon.com/images/use...-disease4a.jpg ), and every doctor he've spoken with tells him, that he shouldn't do any sort of weight lifting at all, because "it may break his spine" (doctor's words). He have lived with this condition without knowing about it until some months ago after the doctors made the diagnose. Until then he had constant back pain, but didn't think it's something serius. He's 23 yo, 6'5, 205 if anything to do with this matter. So his question is - have you ever dealt with people with this kind of condition in your career as a trainer, and if yes, do you think there is any sort of treatment that can effectivly be apllied to improve his health. Currently he does only some stabilization excercises and he is afraid to lift any sort of weight, despite his huge desire to. Excuse my poor english, thanks for your time and keep up the good work you do!

Hi Daniel,
    I just posted an article about one of my clients who was diagnosed with spondyloisthesis in 2014. Check out his story here: Client Profile of the Month: Meet Steve Andrews | Fivex3 Training - A Starting Strength Gym. I hope this may help him decide to begin strength training. He is not broken. Good luck to your friend!