Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golfer's Elbow rehab

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Interesting. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Interesting. Okay.
    I know. My elbows hurt on the inside (golfers) and that's where it popped. That was my right arm. Left one still hurts.

Realistically, it was probably the rest I was forced to take that helped it but that's not a very good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    The chins didn't seem to be doing much. Although they hurt like hell. I moved to the Reverse Tyler on the Theraband bar about a 12 days ago and I'm seeing some improvement. Deadlifts seem to provide some temporary relief.
    I kept doing the chins (hurt like hell, like you said) and also the Reverse Tyler Twist with the blue Theraband (did that 3x/week; 3sets of 15 reps each session). Also as you say, deadlifts gave almost complete relief temporarily.

The good news is that it went from hurting so bad I couldn't press the palms of my hands together to wash them to 99% recovered. (I say 99% because every so often, usually after squats, I get a slight twinge.)

BTW, in my case I am almost 100% sure that it was a too narrow squat grip that caused it. I don't want to start a s**t storm here but I went to a SSC about 2 yr ago for a squat session and he told me to move my grip in a bit. The pain started about 4 weeks after that. Recovery started when I did the above exercises AND moved my grip back out to what I had been using.

Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    I don't want to start a s**t storm here but I went to a SSC about 2 yr ago for a squat session and he told me to move my grip in a bit. The pain started about 4 weeks after that. Recovery started when I did the above exercises AND moved my grip back out to what I had been using.
    I dont think thats gonna cause a shit storm. He was just going by what he saw at the time. Neither of you knew it would cause elbow problems. You adjusted and it helped. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    I dont think thats gonna cause a shit storm. He was just going by what he saw at the time. Neither of you knew it would cause elbow problems. You adjusted and it helped. Perfect.
    I agree with you. He made other adjustments, which greatly helped my squat. Had I been seeing him regularly instead of a one time visit, I am sure he would have made adjustments to my grip when I complained of elbow pain. (Probably would have realized it was the cause earlier than I did on my own.)

I believe Jordon did some kind of "clarification" article on the elbows up cue.

IIRC it had to do with raising the elbows but stopping short of "cranking" them up. Finish getting tight using the muscles of your upper back.

I had come to this same conclusion on my own a year earlier and haven't looked back.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    I kept doing the chins (hurt like hell, like you said) and also the Reverse Tyler Twist with the blue Theraband (did that 3x/week; 3sets of 15 reps each session). Also as you say, deadlifts gave almost complete relief temporarily.

The good news is that it went from hurting so bad I couldn't press the palms of my hands together to wash them to 99% recovered. (I say 99% because every so often, usually after squats, I get a slight twinge.)

BTW, in my case I am almost 100% sure that it was a too narrow squat grip that caused it. I don't want to start a s**t storm here but I went to a SSC about 2 yr ago for a squat session and he told me to move my grip in a bit. The pain started about 4 weeks after that. Recovery started when I did the above exercises AND moved my grip back out to what I had been using.
    This ends up being what I am doing. Chins and the reverse Tyler with the green theraband flexbar. I'll keep at it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123