starting strength gym

Thread: WL shoes

Default WL shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ive always used Chuck T's. Some of your coaches are telling me to get WL shoes. What type do you recommend and were do you get them?
    Thanks

Most of this information can be found via the search function, but I can summarize the basics.

Allow me to preface this by saying that I am currently lifting in Chucks, but am preparing to buy some WL shoes. As such, here is what I have encountered so far:

The general consensus is that you do not want to buy cheap unless you have to, as the quality of the more expensive shoes will eventually pay for themselves. The most mentioned shoes I see are the Adidas AdiPowers, Nike Romaleos, and Rogue Do-Wins. As far as cheap alternatives go, I have seen some positive endorsement of Wei Rui and VS Athletics products.

Unfortunately, the Rogue Do-Wins are no longer being manufactured, and as such are in very limited supply. This basically leaves the AdiPowers and Romaleos. The basic differences between the two that I have heard seem to be width and weight, with the AdiPowers being narrower and lighter than the Romaleos. As far as quality, they seem to be equal.

As to where, I would check ebay for old stock (Nike just released the new Romaleo 3, so the 2s might be at a reduced cost). If you don't find anything, you could probably just buy direct or check out the typical online retailers (Amazon, etc.).

Hopefully this is helpful!
    Trevor
    Last edited by Trevor45; 01-28-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Sabo Powerlifts are good for wide feet. The looks aren't so good but they're industrial tough (like most things Russian, I suppouse).

Nike Romaleo 2's are the way to go.