starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milk!?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    This coming from the individual whose only contributions to the forum are on this milk thread...
    yea, I just joined the forum yesterday... didn't you start with a few posts on your first day on the forum? ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    When i joined i'd lurked for about 18 months (i only joined so i could see the pictures too!) so when i could finally post, i had so much backlog to post i think i did loads. Still working through it now, i'm like Ringo and his fan mail.

I wonder, what would my life have become if i hadn't wanted to see those pictures as much...
    Oh absolutely, I've been following the forums for months now and finally decided to jump into the community. Someone suggested somewhere to read as much of the "ask rip" forum posts starting at the beginning and working forward. I'm like 30 pages in... I am starting to understand why Mark has some short temper with people who won't use the "search" function.

But seriously, I am positive anyone's life would be more benefited than hurt by time on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam McLeod View Post
    yea, I just joined the forum yesterday... didn't you start with a few posts on your first day on the forum? ffs.
    Nope. Lurked a while to get a feel for the place, posted once, got a reply, posted a follow-up, then starting asking questions and occasionally answering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    You can laugh if you want to, but...

Bovine growth hormone, or bovine somatotropin (also called bGH, rbGH, bST, or bST), is given to cows to make them mature faster and produce more milk. The hormone is produced by cows' pituitary gland and an extra amino acid is attached before it's injected into dairy cows.
    Dairy milk promotes excess estrogen in the body due to it containing estrogen from female cows.
    im willing to bet money none of those hormones make it past the stomach acid

id be shocked if they are significantly bioavailable in humans

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Or he is completely right and milk has been a staple of big strong people's diet because of the effects that female cow estrogen has on the human body. My dick is shrinking and I grew 5 extra vaginas because of store bought milk.

True story.

Or he is completely right and milk has been a staple of big strong people's diet because of the effects that female cow estrogen has on the human body. My dick is shrinking and I grew 5 extra vaginas because of store bought milk.

True story.
    Cum around to my place (5 times).

Quote Originally Posted by SJB View Post
    Cum around to my place (5 times).
    Luckily my wife has been drinking boy cow milk and she has grown 5 dicks so I'm good thank you.

True story.

Luckily my wife has been drinking boy cow milk and she has grown 5 dicks so I'm good thank you.

True story.

It was worth a try.

Whole milk or heavy cream is fine for the fat content. I usually get my protein from solid foods. Some folks say that you should get a 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of body weight. I think that is too much protein. The human body can only process 20-30 grams of protein per meal or snack. I think a good rule is get in 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein per lbs of body weight. At 240 that is about 144-192 grams a day. So I say 150-200 grams of protein will be your goal. Protein shakes and milk are okay sources of protein but you need to eat solid foods. Don't forget your fat intake too. Saturated fat is needed for hormone production and regulation. Eating FAT does not make you fat...eating too much process sugar does.

Tony T.
    Last edited by APT79; 04-12-2017 at 11:46 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by APT79 View Post
    Whole milk or heavy cream is fine for the fat content. I usually get my protein from solid foods. Some folks say that you should get a 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of body weight. I think that is too much protein. The human body can only process 20-30 grams of protein per meal or snack. I think a good rule is get in 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein per lbs of body weight. At 240 that is about 144-192 grams a day. So I say 150-200 grams of protein will be your goal. Protein shakes and milk are okay sources of protein but you need to eat solid foods. Don't forget your fat intake too. Saturated fat is needed for hormone production and regulation. Eating FAT does not make you fat...eating too much process sugar does.

Tony T.
    I think your post just gave me a bit of cancer. Have you by chance ever tried to gain muscle and strength at 240# with .6g per #? Good grief child, an untrained teenager could probably do it for a while but it is hardly ideal. You obviously haven't even read either SS or PPST. Go read the chapters about recovery and nutrition and re-evaluate your thought processes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123