starting strength gym

Thread: Chronic Glute Injury

Default Chronic Glute Injury

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This all began when I was a beginner. I decided to try a modified small of routine from my squat which was only 265 at the time. This was a four week routine with lots of Volume. Towards the end they I started a experiencing searing pain in my Glutes towards lockout. However I was able to bring my squat up to 315. This was in July 2014. Since then I've been experiencing the pain most of the time I squat and deadlift heavy. I have tried numerous things such as taking a few weeks off, trying Glute bridges every night for a few weeks without training lower body, I have tried very low weight with high reps for a few weeks, physical therapy which was a joke. However, when I go back to lifting heavy the pain always starts again. Right now it is bugging me most at the top of the deadlift (lockout). If anything if anyone has experience something similar please let me know. I'm hoping to find that perfect balance of volume and intensity and maybe a special exercises to get through this problem.

I have the same problem...
    Here's my situation.
    I have been suffering from almost the same probelm since last October.(So 6 moths already)
    When I got hurt( the moment I first felt something was wrong),what I felt was soreness instead of pain as you and someone else I find on google.
    Maybe it's just because everyone has different definition of pain/sore
    The part that I feels wrong is different with you.When I train,the soreness appears since the starting point(When DL) and bottom point(when Squat).And the soreness feels more tolerate when S.
    But other movements seems fine,No pain/sore during SLDL. Very little weird feeling during Front Squat.
    I've tried taking times off actually there were 2 months I didn't perform DL and Squat.
    Foam Rolling actually makes it worse,I've tried a while several months ago and recently(this is the part that confuses me most,cuz all the threads I found says foam rolling helps.)
    I have seen doctors, she said I hurt a tendon deep inside my glute and prescribed some Physical therapy(Microwave Treatment and Ultrasound Treatment) and It dosen't looks like it works.
    I just finished today's training and the soreness/pain still kills me.