starting strength gym

Thread: Training around life.

Default Training around life.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I was just wondering what your thoughts are on doing the ss programme with a 2 day rest between training sessions. I have a job where I work 12 hour shifts and also a kid and girlfriend. I also find it hard to get the right amount of sleep per night and feel that training this way may be better for me. Would appreciate your thoughts on whether or not good progress could still be made training this way.

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Pooloflife View Post
    I was just wondering what your thoughts are on doing the ss programme with a 2 day rest between training sessions. I have a job where I work 12 hour shifts and also a kid and girlfriend. I also find it hard to get the right amount of sleep per night and feel that training this way may be better for me. Would appreciate your thoughts on whether or not good progress could still be made training this way.

Much appreciated
    Doing the program with 2 day rest periods would obviously be better than not doing the program. Are those the options?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Doing the program with 2 day rest periods would obviously be better than not doing the program. Are those the options?
    Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah basically they are the options. I was just wondering if any other variables should be added because of the extra rest day e.g
    Extra reps per set or something along those lines. Or just stick to the ss programme as it is.

Stick to it as is. Your progress will be slower than "the program" but will probably last longer

Do the 2 day rest, sleep and eat plenty. This isn't a perceived race right? This is a lifetime journey, lifting isn't a race, take your time and train when you can.

Cheers for the input gents.

I echo what others have said. Doing it is definitely better than not doing it.

This next statement may perhaps come off as brash, but it is not intended to be. It's merely to give you pause. I hope you take it as such.

Even with all of your stated commitments (and there seem to be many), if I told you that you needed to do the SS program as written for 3 months and I'd give you one million dollars, I bet you could find time to do it.

Again, the only reason I'm stating it like this is to help you consider how important this training is to you. I bet you could find the time to complete the program as prescribed if it's important to you. If it's not as important as other things on your list, doing something is better than doing nothing.

Wishing you the best of luck.

ditch the gf

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    ditch the gf
    Of course that's not always the best option, especially if she's the kids Mom.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the gents. Been doing the 2 day rest thing and training mon, wed, Fri when schedule has allowed. Gaining lbs on the bar and scale steadily. Cheers