starting strength gym

Thread: Vastus Lateralis tendonitis

Default Vastus Lateralis tendonitis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Okay Rip,

I injured my left knee this past winter. It hurts up at the top outside corner of my kneecap and the pain occurs when moving the joint especially when jumping, landing from jumps, squatting with only the knees(no hips or glutes), ascending or descending stairs. The pain tends to radiate up and down my leg from the point mentioned above by about 3 to 4 inches in either direction. 3 doctors have now said it's a strain of my vastus lateralis muscle/tendon. What is the rehab protocol for this type of injury?

P.S. I have been doing squats the way you teach them in "Starting Strength" for about a month now with microscopic amounts of pain in the area.

Get an IT band release from your most vicious massage therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Get an IT band release from your most vicious massage therapist.
    Cool, I'll give it a shot. I haven't started power cleans on the program yet. Would they aggravate or help the issue?

I've been having an issue similar to this. My VL is like a rock near my knee. I had a roommate that was a massage therapist and his work didn't seem to help. I was usually writhing in pain each session. Should I keep trying massage therapy?