starting strength gym

Thread: lingering injury

Default lingering injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Wondering if any have experience with something like this.I am currently 41 and have not lifted weights in a long time. About three years ago I broke my left hand and was kinda forced to use my right hand for just about everything. One night I woke up with bad pain in my right pec, to the point that I almost couldn't move.The pain in my right pec was pretty bad for a few weeks and slowly go better over the course of a few months.I also had some pain in my right just below my trap muscle. I got through it with a little help from some ibuprofen. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did but I still get some pain in my right pec and in the area of my right scapula. I also noticed my right pec has atrophied quite a bit and I get these muscle spasms in my pec only on my right side, in my right tricep I get muscle spasms and also my right lat spams. The muscle spasms happen in these muscle at different times when reaching in different directions.I havent experienced any thing like this before and its not going away on its own.I am 41 and have always been healthy and have always done physical work. If there's something I can do to fix this or even make it better I what to do it but I have a physical job working as an auto mechanic and can't afford to make this any worse. Sorry so long but has any experience something like this? I have notice stretching kinda helps but not really.Does anyone think basic barbell training may help or just make it worse?People have said rotator cuff but I can move my arm and shoulder and the pain really isn't in my shoulder and some say pinched nerve but I really don't get numbness. But I also don't know. Will training help or make it worse?Anyone have experience with anything like this? Advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like some kind of neuropathy. Nerves get firing in a circle from the way it has been described to me. The positive feedback loop is hard to stop once it starts. My guess would be you had/have a pinched nerve in your back. After a while though, as I understand it, that is secondary and the neuropathy exists on its own just because the nerves are now wired that way.
    Just a guess, I am as untrained on such things as you can get.

I have a sort of similar issue. Mine is a consequence of surgery. I don't know what to do with it. If I press anything heavy over head, I cramp up. In the worst cases it actually gets to the diaphragm, which makes breathing interesting.

Good luck, please respond if you find a useful path forward.

I just wanna be clean that I don't expect any miracle cure although it would be nice. I am just looking for anyone with experience with what might help and maybe what to stay away from, but I think I already found the answer I am looking for with the article on I believe his name is Brian Jones. The man who fell off a roof top and well... Read the article for yourself . The human body really is amazing what it can recover from. Maybe not everybody can survive what he did but he did, just inspiring guy.....