starting strength gym

Thread: Question about programming

Default Question about programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Can it be beneficial to spread the starting strength, 3 day/week, novice programme over 6 days? I'm finding that the lifts I do at the end of a session suffer due to the fatigue generated by the previous ones. Would this hinder the 24hr rest period needed for linear progression? As i'm investing in a home gym it wouldn't be too inconvenient to have 6 shorter sessions a week.

By "making the programme work", we really just mean doing the programme as written. No more worrying, no more arguing with yourself, no more compromises. Just give up and do exactly what you're told. I know that sounds like a bad idea, but trust us on this. The programme is a litmus test for hard knocks. If you manage to set yourself aside for however long it takes to do the programme to the best of your abilities, you'll find an immense mental growth alongside the physical results. Doing things that are hard, boring, and doing them against your wishes builds unbreakable character that will transfer over to everything else in life. If you want to bend and twist and distort the programme until you "feel like you might pull it off" or you "are suddenly optimistic about doing the fun, quirky, exciting programme", you're not going to get the results you need, let alone the results you want.

Self-destruction, a ritualistic and metaphorical suicide in this way, is more effectual than self-improvement. Trust me on this. I know you don't want to hear that, but there it is.