Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Strength Training May Stunt Your Growth

Default Strength Training May Stunt Your Growth

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thought this might give you either a laugh or apoplexy:

In Starting Strength 2 and 3, you write:

The most intensely silly argument of all is that weight training stunts a kid’s growth. But hauling hay does not? Such nonsense is not really worthy of response.

Unfortunately the USG has responded.

Cast your weary eyes upon:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/25/ru...g-farm-chores/

I guess if hauling hay can be bad for children, weight training must be at least bad for their knees.

If I dared quote King Henry's comment about Thomas a Beckett, no doubt the Secret Service would be kicking down my door - good thing I live in Switzerland, what?

But November can't get here too soon.

This is truly nauseating, for several different reasons. November is a very important situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Thought this might give you either a laugh or apoplexy:

In Starting Strength 2 and 3, you write:

The most intensely silly argument of all is that weight training stunts a kid’s growth. But hauling hay does not? Such nonsense is not really worthy of response.

Unfortunately the USG has responded.

Cast your weary eyes upon:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/25/ru...g-farm-chores/

I guess if hauling hay can be bad for children, weight training must be at least bad for their knees.

If I dared quote King Henry's comment about Thomas a Beckett, no doubt the Secret Service would be kicking down my door - good thing I live in Switzerland, what?

But November can't get here too soon.
    So much for farm kids dominating high school football.

Fuckface and his minions are pissing me off badly enough that I might even vote for TEAM RED. And I fucking hate TEAM RED almost as much as I hate TEAM BLUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    The Secret Service, contrary to popular belief, will pursue international threats to POTUS as well as domestic. They'll just bring along some military or high end Intelligence Community contract employees to provide some additional firepower if they think they might need it. But there's a whole thread on this in Ends and Pieces too.

This is just disgusting. Pretty soon I am going to have to buy a government issued wheelchair to push my kids in to go for a walk because some idiot decided the stress of walking is too much for their frail bodies to adapt to at such a young age. Ridiculous!!!

I remember helping my friends haul hay and being so tired we didn't really cause much trouble. That will be great to not have tiring activities for kids to do. Obesity, video games and general delinquency are far better choices than learning how to work.

Great job government!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is truly nauseating, for several different reasons. November is a very important situation.
    Doubt it. These agencies have gotten to the point where they are large, powerful, and strong enough to work on their own regardless of which side is in charge. Romney isn't going to change shit. Only someone like Ron Paul would make the necessary changes, and even that is a stretch because who knows if the morons among us will let him even go forth with any of his plans, much less vote for him.

Sen. Moran on Hilda "You indicate that ... 4H and FFA and county extension are too locally driven and lacking federal direction." I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Dillman View Post
    Obesity, video games and general delinquency are far better choices than learning how to work.

Great job government!
    well if you want to control someone, you don't really want them to be cheerful, healthy and educated ( you certainly don't want them all to have 2Xbw squats !)

and btw nobody remembered to mention the growth stunting effect to Cholakov, what is he like 205 cm?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    Doubt it. These agencies have gotten to the point where they are large, powerful, and strong enough to work on their own regardless of which side is in charge. Romney isn't going to change shit. Only someone like Ron Paul would make the necessary changes, and even that is a stretch because who knows if the morons among us will let him even go forth with any of his plans, much less vote for him.
    You are right in the sense that at a place like the Department of Labor the inmates are running the asylum - the career bureaucrats are always going to be a terror. The difference between this and the previous administration (and hopefully the next) is that there are political appointees that keep the crazy to the crazy to a minimum.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast