starting strength gym

Thread: I would love some critique of my form

Default I would love some critique of my form

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here's a link to my youtube page with some lifting videos. I wouldn't mind having you critique them if you don't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...srusselldc&p=r

I wrote some critiques of my own in the descriptions
    of the individual videos. But here they are in a little more detail:

Squatting: This is my first attempt at low bar squatting. I've been using a high bar technique ever since I started squatting. So I was kind of feeling
    these out. Plus, being 2 weeks out from a minor lumbar strain, I wasn't going to get stupid. So I stayed pretty light. It looks like my hips still have a tendency to drift back out of the hole. I'm really trying to focus on my
    adductor stretch and keeping my glutes and hams tight so I can drive up solidly. I think it's just going to be an issue of practice and time. 315x5 felt pretty good but the 365x1 felt better. And I know, I seriously need to get a pair of squat shoes. But those old work boots have served me so well.

Power Clean: I did 8 sets of singles with 246 (I tend to get sloppier as the reps get higher so I want to nail my technique before I start upping the rep ranges). The youtube videos are #'s 2-5. It looks like I'm letting the bar drift too far forward away from my torso. Due to that I'm being forced to arc the bar back to the rack instead of keeping it in a straight line and getting under it. Also, it looks like my wrist flexibility needs to be increased so I can rack the bar with a higher elbow position.

Stiff Legs: I used a standard double overhand grip with 326 for 2 sets of 5, no hook grip on these. The video is of the first set. It looks like I may be
    able to get a little more thoracic extension in a couple of those. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with that set.

I've got these on my computer in a higher quality if it would be easier to email. I prefer watching them in quick time so I can pause and drag
    the time at my own speed. But, I don't think it really matters.

Your squat looks pretty god for the first time low-bar. The only thing I see is a tendency toward a knee sag at the bottom. If you fix this, the bottom will be much tighter and faster. The cleans are hard to see from that angle where the plates are in the way.

What would be the best angle to capture cleans so the necessary components can be seen?

Pulls need to be seen from 45 degrees in front.