starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Appropriate Conditioning

Default Appropriate Conditioning

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by John Sheaffer

“What is it that you have to do? What does your life entail? What is appropriate “conditioning” in your given situation?”

Full Article

Resources Page

Love the article. I'm one of those guys who has to worry about performing a 1.5 mile run for work. I've got a few months before I need to worry about it again, but it is something I will have to program for eventually, especially since my weight gains will make a less than 25 BMI impossible.

Outstanding article, John. We try to hammer this concept into the cadets' heads daily.

Great job.

Damon

Smile

Love the Article -

Love this part "The pregnant woman, the above mentioned skinny-fat office geek, and the MMA fighter do not need the same things. Anyone who claims that they do is delusional or at the very least, usually drunk."

Great article. A lot of lessons to be learned here.
    “the irony being that diet is 99% of body composition”
    It took me a few years to actually believe this, but after following Johns advice I've learned that this is completly accurate. The reality is that most people equate conditioning work (GPP, Metcon, etc) with a physique with little BF.

Ryan Long Guest

Very nice. We see the same thing in the Army, soldiers feel like they should be running so they spend time and energy satisfying cultural norms rather than doing what they need to be doing, getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
    Love the Article -

Love this part "The pregnant woman, the above mentioned skinny-fat office geek, and the MMA fighter do not need the same things. Anyone who claims that they do is delusional or at the very least, usually drunk."

Not a bad article...but not sure there are any new ideas presented here.
    People should work out using a goal-oriented program based on what type of activities they need to perform and strength should be the primary focus because it translates to better performance no matter what the task. Got it.

Great article. Really spells it out and answers a lot of questions. Well written too. I can't wait for part II.

starting strength coach development program
    John,

Article was very informative. I especially liked the last paragraph. Looking forward to the next article.

Regards,
    Dave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast