starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knee wraps: previous recommendation is now unavailable.

Default Knee wraps: previous recommendation is now unavailable.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just got off the phone with Harbinger, and they have discontinued the light knee wraps we were recommending. Does anybody know of a replacement for that wrap? Lighter than a powerlifting wrap, heavier than an ace bandage.

I have an old pair of Valeo's that do the trick and some of my clients use the same. Having never used the Harbingers I'm unsure as to whether or not they're the same, but I can wrap my knees and keep the same wrap for the entire session. I mostly use Tommy Kono knee sleeves, however. I googled valeo knee wrap and saw that they appear to be a thinner version of a classic 2m/2.5m knee wrap.

I have an old pair of the Harbingers, but the point is that we need a new pair occasionally. Which ones are the same? Harbinger was buying the textile from somebody, so it is probably still available from another label.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I just got off the phone with Harbinger, and they have discontinued the light knee wraps we were recommending. Does anybody know of a replacement for that wrap? Lighter than a powerlifting wrap, heavier than an ace bandage.
    I talked to them a while back, too.

These:

http://www.harbingerfitness.com/cgi-...cgi?46700&&sku

are the same weight/elasticity as the old ones. They're just black now. I don't know why, since black shows up chalk like crazy, but I guess someone decided they're cooler in black or something.

The lady I spoke to confirmed that they are the same, just a different color. I bought a pair, and they're about like a triple-strength ace bandage. Nothing like a heavy, competition-grade wrap.

I bought knee wraps from rogue and they didn't seem heavy. They seemed comparable to my knee sleeves without the sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    I talked to them a while back, too.

These:

http://www.harbingerfitness.com/cgi-...cgi?46700&&sku

are the same weight/elasticity as the old ones. They're just black now. I don't know why, since black shows up chalk like crazy, but I guess someone decided they're cooler in black or something.

The lady I spoke to confirmed that they are the same, just a different color. I bought a pair, and they're about like a triple-strength ace bandage. Nothing like a heavy, competition-grade wrap.
    Same gall told me the lighter wraps were no longer available, the black ones were heavier, and that the lighter ones were discontinued due to bad sales. I specifically asked if the black ones were the same weight, and she said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Same gall told me the lighter wraps were no longer available, the black ones were heavier, and that the lighter ones were discontinued due to bad sales. I specifically asked if the black ones were the same weight, and she said no.
    Hm. I re-watched your knee wraps video, and what I have does appear to be similar in terms of tension/elasticity. But they do seem to a bit thicker.

I did find them a little on the stiff side the first few times I used them, but they feel pretty good now.

I'll see whether I can record some video of them later tonight when I wrap my knee so you can see what they look like.

Thanks. But, silly me, I thought that enough people read this board that we'd find someone who knew of an equivalent product.

I'll send you mine if you want. Only used twice. I prefer sleeves.

starting strength coach development program
    Sure. Send them along.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast