Moderation: Where and Why
1. Rippetoe Q&A: Rippetoe's forum. Moderated by Rip to limit repetition, keep things on topic and hell, it's his forum. Please don't get all twisted up if your thread is not discussed. Also, if you have a question on an old thread (more than 2 or 3 pages back), then post a new question with a link to reference the old thread. Rip does not go searching to see if inactive topics have suddenly garnered interest as there is more than enough already in active discussion.
2. Articles & Platform Videos and the Interviews Forum: Moderated to keep the discussions on topic. Please limit things to the article in the thread title. Start threads in other forums as applicable and link back to the thread that prompted its beginning.
3. Starting Strength Events: This is for questions and feedback from the seminars. Other stuff goes elsewhere. Moderated for this reason, although we allow some foolishness to slip through for a little colour.
4. Starting Strength > Programming (with Andy Baker/KSC): Moderated by Andy Baker to keep things on topic and within the scope of the forum.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MODERATED FORUMS ARE NOW SET TO CLOSE THREADS AFTER 14 DAYS OF INACTIVITY. If you'd like to refer to an old thread with your new question or comment, simply link to the old thread when you post. This is to keep people from posting comments on old threads where they will never, ever be seen.
Forums that aren't moderated:
1. Strength & Conditioning -- Training, Programming, Technique, Recovery
2. Training Logs
3. Ends & Pieces
In general: "Bad" language is just fine. We expect that adults can handle such things. Try to keep the death threats and so forth to a minimum. Avoid the stupid shit, unless it is actually funny. Please note that the "moderators" are there to address specific complaints and handle spam removal and so forth. They are not moderators in the sense that they are controlling the discussion or responsible for reading the posts. Any assumption that we read posts on unmoderated forums as a matter of course is completely wrong. This may be entirely different from other boards you've been on.
Please report spam, copyright violation, and similar so they can be removed.
You should also note that while we don't go out of our way to police game-playing, multiple account, no-life trolls and those using fake identities for self-promotion, multiple sign-ups are grounds for account removal. This means while we won't be searching for this kind of nonsense (and of course, some of it is reasonable fun), don't be surprised if behaving badly prompts someone to make it an issue with us and you find your accountS no longer accessible.
Last edited by stef; 04-02-2012 at 01:41 PM.