+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC Double Down

Talking KFC Double Down

OH YEAH! April 12th 2010.

http://gizmodo.com/5508246/dear-god-...wich-is-coming

Discuss.

The review makes this sound bad... only issue I see is the HYYYUUUUUUUGGGGEE amount of salt. Fix - drink water baby. Otherwise, looks like a protein and fat snack fit for heavy lifters. Bring it on!

Thumbs up

Well, the inclusion of bacon and cheese means that I'll be sure to swing by KFC to try this out. There's lots of things in this world that could be improved with that duo. Even better: April 12 is one of my workout days.

Don't eat bacon, is this the first time KFC sold bacon?

One person in the thread in the link wrote "The government needs to step in and regulate this." I don't think they were kidding. People who think things like this need to be put down like the statist meddling dogs they are.

The more "social" medical care gets, the more meddlers like this are going to believe they can tell you what to do with your body. It won't be long before the busybodies are outlawing squats because "they ruin knees and create an unnecessary need for knee surgery." Just wait.

That looks delicious and I hope it's real.

I bet the person who said the government needs to regulate this sort of thing is skinny-fat and thinks hipster kids are the pinnacle of physical fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gibson View Post
    One person in the thread in the link wrote "The government needs to step in and regulate this." I don't think they were kidding. People who think things like this need to be put down like the statist meddling dogs they are.

The more "social" medical care gets, the more meddlers like this are going to believe they can tell you what to do with your body. It won't be long before the busybodies are outlawing squats because "they ruin knees and create an unnecessary need for knee surgery." Just wait.
    While I agree that in general, the amount of government intervention/regulation can get out of hand, the current financial situation is largely a result of the banks largely being unregulated with respect to credit and simply going for the biggest possible profit - and we are all dealing with the consequence.

In respect to medical, we can, to some extent, see a similar issue with the major drug manufacturers ---- got a problem? Hey, I got a pill for that!!

While I don't want the government to tell me how to handle all of my health issues, it is pretty obvious (to me at least) that the situation is not black and white, but is rather in shades of gray.

Why would any bank motivated by profit alone knowingly make irreresponsible lending decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    While I agree that in general, the amount of government intervention/regulation can get out of hand, the current financial situation is largely a result of the banks largely being unregulated with respect to credit and simply going for the biggest possible profit - and we are all dealing with the consequence.

In respect to medical, we can, to some extent, see a similar issue with the major drug manufacturers ---- got a problem? Hey, I got a pill for that!!

While I don't want the government to tell me how to handle all of my health issues, it is pretty obvious (to me at least) that the situation is not black and white, but is rather in shades of gray.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    Why would any bank motivated by profit alone knowingly make irreresponsible lending decisions?
    Uh, gee, overwhelming greed leads directly to ..... STUPIDITY

Seriously though, they did the same due diligence banks have always done with lending applications, but took significantly more and more risk on, loaning $ to people who simply were poor risks. IMO, it was largely because there was a creep in the line banks were willing to cross with respect to risk. So what initially looks like just a little more risk and not necessarily irresponsible, compounds itself over time and becomes almost moronic in nature.

But hey, I still want a damn sandwich!!!

Unregulated banks led to the financial meltdown? Really? It's that simple huh. Well good thing we found the SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE; now we just have to regulate it and BAM, PROBLEM SOLVED! Because it worked so well in Japan and France!! Bailouts and regulation solved all of Japan's problems after their real-estate crash. And France hasn't had any huge bouts of corruption with there regulated banking! Oh wait....shit....

Nevermind GSE's like fannie/freddie that inflated the market via artificially redirecting funds to real estate or the Fed with it's direct control over interest rates or the symboitic relationship in general between the financial machine and the politicians or....

The KFC calorie bomb looks epic though
    Last edited by Chewie_jrc; 04-05-2010 at 03:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread