OK, yesterday went like this:
    10/13/2010

Squat (5+3)
    Press (5x3) (deload)
    Chinup
    (9+8+5)xBW
    B.Extension
    (22+45+67)x10

Now the squats went like that b/c I'm stupid. I put the safety pins one notch above my normal placement. So on the second set, on the 4th rep I hit one of them, so I lost balance and had to leave the bar on the safety pins. Shit. Anyway the last reps of the first set felt like a grinder, and it shouldn't considering the fact that I finished the previous weight like nothing. So I decided to go full GOMAD. I know, I shouldn't at this point of the game, but even after eating a pizza every two days, eating uncle Game's recipe every day, I'm still not adding weight. So I decided I need to do that in order to progress normally. So from today, it's full GOMAD. This is my last chance...
    Ps. I'm feeling (for at least 2 weeks) a strange pain in the lower part of the leg, on the front at the bone (specifically at the Tibia). It hurts when I walk and when I touch the bone. This is for both legs. I thought it would go away, but it isn't...
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 10-15-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Fucking pins. I hate losing my balance under the bar when shit like that happens. But you handled it well, GOOD ON YOU.

So far as GOMAD is concerned, if you want to do it, do it. I did. I did it on top of 4,000/4,500 calories per day for a solid two months. And I was already fluffy when I started that it. Just remember, GOMAD isn't a lifestyle, and you can abandon it after two or three months or so. You can put on 50 pounds QUICK with it, but after that, don't worry about it, cycle off the milk and add another steak to your daily intake. You should be fine, and though some might disagree with me, sometimes the overkill way is a good way to go PROVIDED we don't do it forever. Three months TOPS, but try to make it two ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    Fucking pins. I hate losing my balance under the bar when shit like that happens. But you handled it well, GOOD ON YOU.

So far as GOMAD is concerned, if you want to do it, do it. I did. I did it on top of 4,000/4,500 calories per day for a solid two months. And I was already fluffy when I started that it. Just remember, GOMAD isn't a lifestyle, and you can abandon it after two or three months or so. You can put on 50 pounds QUICK with it, but after that, don't worry about it, cycle off the milk and add another steak to your daily intake. You should be fine, and though some might disagree with me, sometimes the overkill way is a good way to go PROVIDED we don't do it forever. Three months TOPS, but try to make it two ;-)
    Yeah man, I really plan to do it for a short time really, considering that I've already used it before when I weighted 132...

Saturday morning is generally bad for me.
    10/16/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Bench
    174x2
    Deadlift (5x1)
    270.5 (PR)

Squat was solid, but hard. Let's see how it goes on Wednesday. The main problem is my elbow tendinitis which is reappearing. It hurt a lot, and that's why I failed on the bench. PR on the deadlift.

Also I haven't mentioned this before, but I've finally registered for the next CFA exam (Level II - I am a financial analyst/quant) which is in June. I had pushed this as far as I could but, the time to begin studying is approaching. I'm still waiting for the books to come (max 2 weeks). After that I don't think I can handle 3 workouts anymore so I'm thinking to either stop training (which I don't want to do) or try some working out 2 times a week. The only program I know that is flexible enough is Wendler's 5/3/1, so I'm seriously thinking of switching when the time comes. I've got still some progression left as a novice, so let's see where all this goes...
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 10-18-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Monday was a good light day.
    10/18/2010

Squat (5x2)
    Press (5x3)
    Power Clean (3x5)
    100 (PR)

Overall good day. The elbow didn't hurt that much, and that's why the Press went up well. PR on the P.Clean (ugly especially the last set, but hey I need some PRs right now to keep on going, so who cares ).

Wednesday:
    10/20/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Bench (4x1)
    174.3 (Failed)
    Chinup
    (8+6+6)xBW
    B.Extension
    (22+45+67)x12

Squats were hard but doable. Bench is definitely stuck, so I'm deloading. I got stuck on the last rep of the first set. Chinups were not full ROM, but were done with little rest. For the first time in 8 months I did dumbbell curls. I'm still of the opinion that isolation exercises are useless (at least for beginners). My arms have grown larger by doing complex exercises for 3 months, than by doing curls for 1 year. Btw GOMAD is finally working. My weight is going up (slowly). On Wednesday it was 177.

Friday:
    10/22/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Press (5x3)
    Deadlift (5x1)
    275 (PR)

Overall good workout. Squats felt good. The deadlift not that much. I did it, but I'm a little concerned about me rounding my back. I don't know if it's anthropometry or simple back rounding. I'll post a video on this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasfromSparta View Post
    Friday:
    10/22/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Press (5x3)
    Deadlift (5x1)
    275 (PR)

Overall good workout. Squats felt good. The deadlift not that much. I did it, but I'm a little concerned about me rounding my back. I don't know if it's anthropometry or simple back rounding. I'll post a video on this.
    Nice work Leonidas, expecially that PR dead lift. If you're concerned about back rounding definitely post a video. Other than that, nice work! You're progressing well and seem to have settled nicely into your groove :-) Just make sure to keep eating well and resting well and don't be silly like me and take a week's vacation right in the middle of it LMAO cheers buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    Nice work Leonidas, expecially that PR dead lift. If you're concerned about back rounding definitely post a video. Other than that, nice work! You're progressing well and seem to have settled nicely into your groove :-) Just make sure to keep eating well and resting well and don't be silly like me and take a week's vacation right in the middle of it LMAO cheers buddy!
    Thanks buddy, and as I said in your log, welcome back! Finally weight is going up, and some PRs are coming alone, thank God! Regarding the vacation, I already took mine two months ago ) . Anyway, we need vacations man, even if they interfere with our progression.

starting strength coach development program
    Tuesday's workout:
    10/25/2010

Squat (5x2)
    Bench (5x3)
    158 (deloaded)
    Power Clean (3x5)
    105.5 (PR)

Easy-peasy exept the cleans. The last set was very ugly. Maybe I should have rested more. The worst thing is that my gym has no rubber mats, just a parquet, and no bumper plates so I have to lower the bar slowly, which is hurting my wrists. I widened my grip a little bit on the bench, and it felt better. Weight 179.
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 10-28-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast