• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    thread on narrow belts.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=13836&page=1

Bob's Belts has the Junior a three inch belt
    http://www.bobsbelts.com/belts.htm

*sigh*

Inzer sent me the wrong size.

Guess it will be a while before I can give you guys a real update.

EDIT:

Could anyone with an Inzer 10mm Lever belt size Medium do me a favour and measure the distance between the first hole and the first point of attachment for the buckle and the last hole and the point of attachment for the buckle to see the size range of it? Thanks a tonne.
    Last edited by Subsistence; 12-22-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerji View Post
    Can't go wrong with the belts on this site: http://www.bestbelts.net/
    Just don't get the tapered one.
    +1

Is Best Belts still the recommended place to purchase a belt? (I notice the last post was 2010)

54 year old novice looking for a general purpose belt for squats and deadlifts

thanks in advance for your recommendations

I have 2 belts from best belts. A 4” and a 3”. I’m very happy with both.

Quote Originally Posted by pd_oldguy View Post
    Is Best Belts still the recommended place to purchase a belt? (I notice the last post was 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    I have 2 belts from best belts. A 4” and a 3”. I’m very happy with both.
    Love my Best Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by pd_oldguy View Post

Depends how quickly you want it and how much you value communication and service.

Best Belts make great belts. But you have to be patient and they may not be great at responding to emails and phone calls.

General Leathercraft also make great belts, and their service is significantly better. It will still take a little while to get a belt if you customise it but if you don't you may find it much faster than Best.

I have a belt from each and am very happy with both, but if I had to buy another I think I'd definitely go back to GL for the way they looked after me (and the fact they now have flat rate international shipping also helps).

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Depends how quickly you want it and how much you value communication and service.

Best Belts make great belts. But you have to be patient and they may not be great at responding to emails and phone calls.

General Leathercraft also make great belts, and their service is significantly better. It will still take a little while to get a belt if you customise it but if you don't you may find it much faster than Best.

I have a belt from each and am very happy with both, but if I had to buy another I think I'd definitely go back to GL for the way they looked after me (and the fact they now have flat rate international shipping also helps).
    Exactly. I have a 4" Best, a 3" GL, and my lifting partner got a 4" GL. My Best is a great belt, but I'll go to GL for any new belt (or other gear...I also have a set of Phantom wrist wraps and leather straps from GL). Matt @ GL will take great care of you. Plus, I have to support a fellow Aggie!

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post

Seconded. I received my 3" GL belt about two weeks after I ordered it, in Alaska. That's hard to beat.

starting strength coach development program
    So I gotta get a belt too.

At GL,
    why is the 4" 13mm, and the 3" 6mm ?

I am 6-4 and am planning the 4x13, first.
    and will see how Dls feel with 4 inch,

but why does the 3" DL belt not need the extra mm's ?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast