starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belt Recommendations?

Default Belt Recommendations?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    As a novice lifter who both knows nothing about belts except that he needs to get one soon, would you fine board members be able to suggest me some (preferably cost-efficient) weight lifting belts of sufficient quality? I live in Canada, if it matters.

Thank you very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    As a novice lifter who both knows nothing about belts except that he needs to get one soon, would you fine board members be able to suggest me some (preferably cost-efficient) weight lifting belts of sufficient quality? I live in Canada, if it matters.

Thank you very much for your time.
    Can't go wrong with the belts on this site: http://www.bestbelts.net/
    Just don't get the tapered one.

Search function. Covered many many many times.

Inzer, 10mm, lever.

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

I also recommend Bestbelts.com

They may be a little more expensive than normal, but they're built to last forever. I love mine.

I did find this one at: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=3594

It looks very similiar to mine, and is less expensive.

But for quality, customer service, and custom requests, BestBelts is highly recommended.

My waist is 31" right now, but it can get as high as 34" near the end of a bulk. Should I get the small (29-32") or the medium (33-36") belt?

http://www.bestbelts.net/Powerliftin...s/Athlete.aspx

call them or email them. They'll put your waist size as the center hole. That's what they did for me, though I didnt order the athlete belt I'll bet they'll accomodate you.

Make room for growth though. I've already outgrown my center hole, and probably wont use it again until i'm 220 once more.
    Last edited by John2336; 12-04-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John2336 View Post
    call them or email them. They'll put your waist size as the center hole. That's what they did for me. just make sure to speculate for weight gain. The customer service is great. you wont be let down.
    Thanks. And to be sure: single prong is better than double prong, right?

I've got the Ultimate belt with a single prong. It was an end of deployment gift to me from me.

It is thick, and is just now breaking in. It's been great from day one. It would be impossible to use with a double prong. If you're going for the athlete cut, those may be broken in already, and I believe they're not quite as thick. I think the double prong might work, but honestly, after a heavy set of squats I just want out of the belt, so I like that the single prong is quick and easy to undo. I'd suggest the single prong from my own limited experience.

starting strength coach development program
    +1 to best belts. Ive got the prime cut single prong and I love it. I also live in canada and I had some issues with payment but after that was said and done I recieved an excellent product and some coasters to boot. (is "to boot" a stereotypical canadian saying?)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast