starting strength gym
Page 381 of 479 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4785

Thread: sking's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Not warmed up enough?

I see the same thing when I do sets across (2nd set is easier). That's why I really like an over warm up when working up to a lone top set.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Squat
    My palms are getting really raw from the frequency of benching. It was pretty distracting on the 2-count pauses. However, I've PR'd some bench variation every single day of accumulation so far.
    Ha, when I complained about how much my hands hurt due to the volume of everything, and that it was affecting my grip for DLs, I was told to start holding my final pull for 20 sec. :-) It was/is horrendous, but my hands don't hurt anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Effrim View Post
    Not warmed up enough?

I see the same thing when I do sets across (2nd set is easier). That's why I really like an over warm up when working up to a lone top set.
    I hear you. That may be the case sometimes. There is also a mental factor. Sometimes I can simply draw more intensity out of myself for the 2nd set. I sometimes see this is more of the case when I'm training in an under-recovered state.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    Ha, when I complained about how much my hands hurt due to the volume of everything, and that it was affecting my grip for DLs, I was told to start holding my final pull for 20 sec. :-) It was/is horrendous, but my hands don't hurt anymore.
    No thanks, I'm good. heh...it's definitely not affecting my grip. I prefer to sit for 20 seconds instead.

Default Tuesday, 07/08/14

I made it through 4 days straight, 3 barbell lifts per day. As I mentioned before, it's because I'm making the transition from Tue/Thur/Sat/Sun to Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri.

I'm pretty happy to score a couple of PR's anyway.

Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    315x2
    405x1
    455x4 RPE 9
    465x4 - PR RPE 9
    465x4 added straps, RPE 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqM4ySyfxhI

Touch and Go Bench
    135x5
    185x3
    225x2
    265x5 RPE 8
    280x5 - PR RPE 9
    This is actually my 4th day in a row to bench. Felt like I was just going through the motions at first, but decided to hit a PR. There was never any doubt. I'd like to see what I can do when I'm fresh, as soon as I recover from all this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_fWe4wzHA

Paused Squat
    135x3
    225x2
    275x5
    Not much way to judge the perceived exertion. Let's just say I knew this session was over.

Crazy work here dude. Nice! Congrats on the PR's on the 4th straight day, wowza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Crazy work here dude. Nice! Congrats on the PR's on the 4th straight day, wowza.
    Thanks, Rob! I'm having these thoughts of taking a nap tomorrow at lunch instead of GPP and conditioning. I'm torn on whether or not that is a good idea. Do I need the extra recovery, or do I need to continue to acclimate?

I added up the tonnage of lifts in the last 4 days, which includes all variations:

Squat: 13,900 pounds
    Deadlift: 16,655 pounds
    Bench: 33,360 pounds!
    Press: 3,310 pounds
    Rows: 5,425 pounds

After a couple weeks, it will feel like everything else was never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    After a couple weeks, it will feel like everything else was never enough.
    Thanks for the reassurance : ) I'm actually surprised how quickly I'm already bouncing back.

GPP
    9 min upper back
    8 min abs
    20 min elliptical, 7 sprints w/7 min cool down

I would have done 10 sprints, but I ran out of time because I fell asleep in my truck for a few minutes before leaving the office.

I've also been meaning to say how nice it is to be 100% injury free. Sometimes my SI is a little stiff when I get up and burns just slightly as it pulls on my hamstring. Don't know how accurate that description is, but it's super minor. Can't feel anything once I get warmed up. I should be really thankful at 42.

starting strength coach development program
    Eight minute abs? That's ridiculous, you can't do abs in eight minutes.