Competition Bench
    135x6
    185x3
    225x2
    275x2
    315x1 RPE 8.5-9
    295x3 - PR, RPE 10
    290x3 RPE 10
    Was ever so slightly nervous about 315, but never again. I don't think I could miss it now. Didn't mean to hit RPE 10 on the triples. The first 2 reps were not indicative, but I just gassed out on the last rep. Also, the pauses on the 3rd reps were not long enough.

Standing Dumbbell Press
    50’s x 5
    85's x 3 x 3
    These were max effort until the last set, which was easier for some reason. I might have rested a little longer. Getting them to my shoulder takes a little out of me to start with. I realize now that I messed up my programming on these last week. I was supposed to do 4x4, but I did 3x3 last week too. I used more weight this week though with sets across.

Rolling Dumbbells
    50's x 15 x 2
    40's x 15

Default Thursday, 07/31/14

Upper body is going strong and will stay according to plan. However, we're making some adjustments to lower body training coming off the SI injury. We're going to need to use my deload week to rebuild strength without accumulating fatigue, which means ramping up intensity but keeping volume low. This is the last week of transmutation and deload week starts Monday. I press tomorrow and did some deadlifts and squats today.

My SI has been feeling very well, but there have been a series of unfortunate events that have been trying to prevent me from recovery and lifting today. If there wasn't so much pain and stress involved, I would almost have to laugh:

1) Tuesday night I didn't sleep very much, because I mowed the yard without my mask . My allergies flared up so badly that my lungs tightened up, and it was super hard to breathe. I had thoughts of going to the ER, but it cleared up a great deal after I just boiled some water and breathed in steam for awhile. I need to get an inhaler for when my allergies are this bad. On top of that, I spent a good amount of the evening on the toilet with some horrible stomach thing, which continued into Wednesday.

2) We had a pinhole leak in the water supply line to our refrigerator that, over the course of probably a few days, flooded water subtlety underneath our wood floor boards. So I spent all afternoon and evening yesterday up and down on my hands and knees removing flooring. It was just awful and couldn't be worse for getting the lower body recovery I need.

3) I had athlete's foot on my left foot and scratched it so much that now it is pretty painful. If that wasn't enough, I have an incredibly tender big toe that is infected from an ingrown toenail on the same foot. On top of that, I stubbed the pinky toe on my right foot so that it took a little chunk of skin off the top.

So training today:

Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    315x2
    385x1
    425x1
    475x1
    455x1x2

Squat
    135x4
    225x2
    315x2
    405x1
    425x1x3 2.5m Slingshot wraps, 7 revolutions

My SI starting aching some on warmups, but I went ahead with the planned singles, as it starting feeling a little better after some extra rest between sets. I probably irritated it a little more with the squats, but each set kept getting better than the last. I really worked on perfect technique with both lifts. I'm back to thumbs around on the squat, which just feels so much better to me.

I think the SI is gonna be okay, but I'm a little concerned, and I'm icing it now.

Welcome to the bench bro club. Sleeveless day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Moye View Post
    Welcome to the bench bro club. Sleeveless day every day.
    Actually I wore a sleeveless shirt today! Proud to be a member. I feel like I just became one, and it has been a lifelong goal : )))

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Actually I wore a sleeveless shirt today! Proud to be a member. I feel like I just became one, and it has been a lifelong goal : )))
    I hate sleeveless guys at the gym. Epseically the one with the "lats" cut out. Stank. Stink. Skunky. Get away from me. At least you are alone in your garage!

Bummer on the asthma, fridge, bug and toe. Fuck!
    Sounds like the SI is moving in the right direction at least though.

Default sking's log

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I hate sleeveless guys at the gym. Epseically the one with the "lats" cut out. Stank. Stink. Skunky. Get away from me. At least you are alone in your garage!
    That's what guys with small arms always say!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Bummer on the asthma, fridge, bug and toe. Fuck!
    Sounds like the SI is moving in the right direction at least though.

I probably did just a little too much judging from the way my SI felt tonight, but I'm guessing it'll be okay tomorrow. If I can get through a week like this, I should be doing well under better conditions.

P.S. Sorry I was being a dick. You kinda left yourself open. I think your arms are pretty okay....

Hahaha. Gotta display dem lats baby!

Default Friday, 08/01/14

Press
    135x5
    170x2
    200x1 RPE 8.5
    220x1 RPE 10
    205x3 RPE 8.5
    215x2 PR, but was hoping for 3, which wouldn't go
    220x1 RPE 9.5
    Feeling pretty fatigued.

Slingshot Bench
    135x5
    225x3
    275x2
    315x2 add slingshot, RPE 8 almost
    335x2 RPE 8.5 maybe

I was going to do something really heavy with the slingshot, but I'm truly at the end of the road with this block. I mean I'm just feeling really beat up and ready for a deload. Especially my left elbow and wrist.

So this was the last day of transmutation. Got a few good PR's and starting a much needed deload for upper body next week.

Default Monday, 08/04/14

Squat
    135x5
    225x3
    315x2
    365x1
    385x1 add soft single coverage 2m wrap
    405x1
    425x1 add competition wraps
    445x1
    465x1

Just squatting singles starting at 365 with 20 pounds jumps. Went until it was heavy but still confident. 465 was a little bit of a grind as I got slightly out of the groove, but getting some confidence back, and technique in the wraps is becoming familiar again.

SI joint was a little achy warming up, but in between sets I started doing a seated piriformis stretch, which made it feel a lot better.

I was suppose to do a little basic lower body rehab conditioning at the end but ran out of time.

Thursday I'll do this with deadlifts starting at 405 with 25 pound jumps.

Tuesday and Friday are upper body deloads.

Default Tuesday, 08/05/14

starting strength coach development program
    Competition Bench
    135x6
    185x5
    225x4
    245x2x2

I just might do another NASA meet in November, so I'm going to be playing with flat feet. It actually feels really strong.

GPP Circuit x5
    Inverted Rows x 10
    Pushups x 10
    DB Curls x 10
    Rolling DB x 10