Page 395 of 479 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4785

Thread: sking's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I suck.

This is a judgement free zone brah.

Except when it comes to MISSING CURLSZ?!

Football season is bulking season anyway. Which leads directly into holiday bulking. Then back around to spring bulk, then right back to the summer bulking phase, which leads finally back into football preseason and in season bulk. Thus completing the cycle of gainz. Hallelujah.

Default Monday, 09/08/14

Super frustrating day.

Squat
    135x5
    225x4
    315x2
    405x1
    455x0
    425x1

No words. Really disappointed 3 weeks out from my meet. I kept my knees out today and still missed a squat 45 pounds below my personal best 6 months ago. I was supposed to go to 480. My back is pretty much healthy again, so I'm not sure if I'm under-recovered or what. 425 was supposed to be a double, but I don't think it was there either :/

I used a pretty thick wrap today and only got 7 revolutions, but with the way 405 felt, I'm not sure I can blame that. Next week I'll go back to my Titan wraps and stay with them.

Super frustrated.

Speed Bench
    135x5
    185x3
    205x3x8 EMOM
    These were super fast. Looking back I was only supposed to do doubles. Felt very strong.

Speed Deadlift
    135x5
    225x3
    305x2x6 EMOM
    Very VERY fast. Pulling in slippers again. I think I've settled on that.

GHR
    3x10

I'm uploading video of 315, 405, 455, and 425...

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Be happy that deadlifting 275X5 doesn't fatigue you, and that you can reach overhead with both arms ; )

From this angle, looks like you're stance is too wide. You are able to keep your knees out on the way down but at the turning point, they turn in. That takes the tension off your adductors and hamstrings, and it kills your "hip drive."

Shorts are too short.

Seriously though, Kong is right about the knees coming in killing your hip drive. You can see a pretty distinct "swooping" motion where your hips hit the bottom and then shoot back before shooting up.

It makes perfect sense that this is caused by the bit of knee cave coming out of the hole.

Obviously you need more time on the adductor machine.

And like Kong said, it's pretty nice to be in a position to miss 455 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    Shorts are too short.

Seriously though, Kong is right about the knees coming in killing your hip drive. You can see a pretty distinct "swooping" motion where your hips hit the bottom and then shoot back before shooting up.

It makes perfect sense that this is caused by the bit of knee cave coming out of the hole.

Obviously you need more time on the adductor machine.

And like Kong said, it's pretty nice to be in a position to miss 455 :-)
    FWIW, I re-watched, and it's actually more noticeable at 405 than 455. So, hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Be happy that deadlifting 275X5 doesn't fatigue you, and that you can reach overhead with both arms ; )

From this angle, looks like you're stance is too wide. You are able to keep your knees out on the way down but at the turning point, they turn in. That takes the tension off your adductors and hamstrings, and it kills your "hip drive."
    Thanks for looking, Dwayne. I might go a little more narrow. I totally see what you're saying. My back is just a little tender tonight, so I'm not sure my left side can handle my normal wide stance at the moment. I definitely won't change too much this close to the meet though. It's bad enough that I've been so stupid with changing wraps so much. Matt was tied up all day, and he just got back to me. One thing he pointed out is that I've been injured since July, so this is really no surprise. I looked back, and the first time I mentioned it in my log was actually May 3! I just don't like making excuses though.

Brother, it's all relative! Sorry to complain about my 91% squat when you're hoping to get back to 70 :/ It's been an inspiration to watch you best your wrapped squat with just the cheater sleeves though, heh!

Shorts are too short.
    ...but I need to see the hip crease. Okay, maybe not the ball sack : O

FWIW, I re-watched, and it's actually more noticeable at 405 than 455. So, hm.
    I would have to agree with you there.

Next week, I'll take some smaller jumps and not be such an ass.

Agree with Kong. Definitely wide, probably too wide for you. Your left knee caves consistently when you hit the hole, so that needs to be worked on. I'd like to see a side view for the "hip swoop" and check out the bar path, but I would say that Kong nails it.

One more thing, and I hate to say this because Jordan said this to me and it sort of messed with my head, but I think the back injury has you more upright than you should be which is also killing your hip drive. I'd have to re-watch more of your squatting from the past to get a better sense of your anthropometry and angles, but it seems like you are staying upright like a HBBS which is a good way to protect the low back and also kill your hip drive.

Listen, you've had an injury and have done a good job training around it. Unfortunately that does not necessarily translate into gainzZz. You gotta get healthy and be able to consistently go hard, especially at your level. You are strong as fuck, RE: advanced, so making gains injured is even that much more difficult.

starting strength coach development program
    Disagree on being too upright.