+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 138 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Land of the Free

Default Land of the Free

Yeah I don't get why the pepper spray was used not a single one of them in the pen were being aggressive...now the guy before hand yeah, but not anyone in the pen....the girls reaction to being pepper sprayed was pretty fucking annoying to say the least though...its not that bad

cameras, cameras everywhere...

What were they protesting?

Simma Park is offline Starting Strength Coach
    The Killer of Joy

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Yeah I don't get why the pepper spray was used not a single one of them in the pen were being aggressive...now the guy before hand yeah, but not anyone in the pen....the girls reaction to being pepper sprayed was pretty fucking annoying to say the least though...its not that bad
    I was once sitting in a restaurant when, all of a sudden, half of the people in the restaurant starting experiencing burning eyes and nasal passages and coughing, some violently with gagging, and a bunch of them had to leave the place. It turned out that a customer had her pepper spray go off inside her closed purse. I personally found it uncomfortable enough that being sprayed directly in my face with it is something that I would strongly prefer to avoid. I also assume it was pretty damn shocking to get sprayed, since it was probably completely unexpected.

I suspect their reaction was about more than just their physical discomfort, too. I imagine it can be rather shocking and emotionally traumatic for people who are used to being given the benefit of the doubt that they are non-threatening and decent to be suddenly treated, without provocation, like dangerous criminals and assaulted by the police.

cs pellets drop me to the floor crying and choking like a little girl (a little girl with no respirator)

once i was grinding some hung red chilli peppers with the palms of my hands. i forgot to wash my hands and some hour later i rubbed my eyes. i was running around crazy with blind eyes like a headless chicken to find some water.

Yeah man! Non-lethal weapons are harmless.

Tasers just kind of tickle your skin. Clubs are just a vigorous massage. Raw capsaicin blasted into your eye sockets and inhaled through your breathing apparatuses just clean out your lungs. Exposure wears down your corneas? That's just an urban legend.

Those grizzly bears that pout and cry after a little bear mace are a bunch of pussies. They can shrug off bullets, but a little oil and pepper makes them give up? Pathetic. The bears that slink off after a can of people spray? Argh, they should kill themselves.

Hell, it's not like anyone, anywhere, ever died from cops using the stuff amirite?

What were they protesting?
    Injustice in general.

One of the fundamental demands is to get money out of politics. Corporation gives money to get guy elected, guy has to do what his real bosses (his donors) want or he doesn't get reelected. Or doesn't get to continue to breathe, in some cases.

Overeducated and underemployed folks living in a park for months. Ah, this is going to end well.
    Last edited by BryanM; 09-25-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Being pepper sprayed IS that bad. I've been tazed and been to the gas chamber at boot camp and neither one came close to the misery I experienced when I took a direct shot of Freeze +P right to the eyes.

I've been pepper sprayed why I said "its not that bad" at least I didn't take it like the girl of course I was expecting it and of course theres the fact that may pain tolerence is a bit higher...

+ Reply to Thread