Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: deadlifting straps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    "I don't want to deadlift 500."
    lml
    Shoot me. Look at yorick, straps improved his deadlift because they allowed him to lift more, kinda like what a mixed grip and chalk will do.

Quote Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    Shoot me. Look at yorick, straps improved his deadlift because they allowed him to lift more, kinda like what a mixed grip and chalk will do.
    Then fucking use them.

Look, my deadlift is pussy-esque. What I say is only my perspective.

I lifted at a gym that didn't allow chalk, but I was still able to go over 300 DOH before straps were needed, and without my hands being obliterated by the bar. I have some pretty good calluses that never ripped to shreds.

To clarify, straps probably only helped my strapped deadlift weight with much significance. It's not like I added 40 lbs to my strapped deadlift and suddenly had 40 lbs added to my no-strap DOH lift. I reserved straps for the do-or-die lifts/sets. I did as much as possible without straps, even though I didn't have chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by yorick View Post
    Look, my deadlift is pussy-esque. What I say is only my perspective.

I lifted at a gym that didn't allow chalk, but I was still able to go over 300 DOH before straps were needed, and without my hands being obliterated by the bar. I have some pretty good calluses that never ripped to shreds.

To clarify, straps probably only helped my strapped deadlift weight with much significance. It's not like I added 40 lbs to my strapped deadlift and suddenly had 40 lbs added to my no-strap DOH lift. I reserved straps for the do-or-die lifts/sets. I did as much as possible without straps, even though I didn't have chalk.
    I still don't see the issue. If one wants to lift more without straps, the trick is to lift more with straps. If some powerlifter can get a 1100 pound DL with straps, how much do you think he can get without straps(doh + chalk)? How much do you think he could DOH and without chalk?

I still don't see the issue. If one wants to lift more without straps, the trick is to lift more with straps. If some powerlifter can get a 1100 pound DL with straps, how much do you think he can get without straps(doh + chalk)? How much do you think he could DOH and without chalk?
    Just use some fucking straps.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    Just fucking kill yourself.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    Just use some fucking straps.
    Fine, then. The hands aren't the only thing that helps get the bar off the floor, you know. The hips help too. If you have insanely powerful hips, you can lockout the bar fast enough that grip doesn't matter that much. It's like 25% of the DL, the grip.

Thanks for schooling us on how deadlifts are done.

smmfh

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Thanks for schooling us on how deadlifts are done.

smmfh
    Yeah, and you're the fucking expert because you have a 1000 pound DL. Oh wait, you don't.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, and you're the fucking expert because you have a 1000 pound DL. Oh wait, you don't.
    YOU CAN'T DEADLIFT 300. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO TELL ME.

For fucks sake. Did your mum freebase while she was pregnant.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast