+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Fat Not Broke

Default Get Fat Not Broke

$ per 100 calories on this website: http://getfatnotbroke.com/

I should be hitting the Taco Bell more.

More stuff at http://getxnoty.com

I don't like how they add the health score, I mean honestly if you're going to be eating fast food, are you really worried about how bad it is for you vs another item?

Dang, the McDouble gets a C-? The McDouble is THE secret weapon in gaining strength. If you mix them with milk, you become an unstoppable juggernaut.

It's a cool site but I'd like to see some other things on the list for comparison, things that aren't fast food.

I guess the portions and cost tends to get fuzzy on those though.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Dang, the McDouble gets a C-? The McDouble is THE secret weapon in gaining strength. If you mix them with milk, you become an unstoppable juggernaut.
    truth

I too always thought the McDouble was the best fast food option in terms of content per price. At least it still has the best protein to calorie ratio of the dollar items. Also, does Taco Bell use real meat these days? I don't know how big the 5 layer burrito is. It may be that the McDouble is still easier to eat more of. I used to polish them off five at a time. Alternatively if you want to keep carbs in check you can use all the meat on a single bun. Call that the McDeca. Price isn't everything but this was interesting. If you ate 3000 calories worth of fast food, the 5 layer burrito would cost you $5.40. The Mcdoubles would cost you $7.80, that's $2.40 more for those too lazy to do math.

The health score is retarded. How do they even come up with it? Why is nearly everything at Subway going to kill you?

Agree completely. The only thing of value is the $ and calorie calc. I was surprised by some of the answers. It's handy stuff.

I use the McDouble as the basic unit of reckoning food value. If the food I'm buying is less dense than the McDouble in terms of calories per dollar, I'd better have a reason for it ("I need actual nutrition and fiber" is a decent reason when it comes to produce, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    I use the McDouble as the basic unit of reckoning food value.
    This is one of my favorite sentences ever.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderman3000 View Post
    This is one of my favorite sentences ever.
    Heh, I liked that one too. The McDouble is the the gold standard for reckoning food value. :-)

Basically the McDouble is the best fast food item out there. I think it had the best protein to calorie ratio. And you can always do the McQuad with them for even more protein power. At the one local McDonalds, they actually do it for me (I guess I get them enough). If the US Olympic Weightlifting team ate these thing, they would get a gold in every category, hands down.

I train at an awesome gym, but one of the best things about it is that there's a McDonald's a couple blocks away on the way home. There are so many days when I get out of the gym, see I just missed the bus, and walked down to the McDonald's to grab a few McDoubles while waiting for the next bus.

+ Reply to Thread