+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Get Fat Not Broke

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    Agree completely. The only thing of value is the $ and calorie calc. I was surprised by some of the answers. It's handy stuff.

I use the McDouble as the basic unit of reckoning food value. If the food I'm buying is less dense than the McDouble in terms of calories per dollar, I'd better have a reason for it ("I need actual nutrition and fiber" is a decent reason when it comes to produce, for instance).
    1. make your own version of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index
    2. make website
    3. Revenue
    4. Expenses
    5. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    2. make website
    3. Revenue
    4. Expenses
    5. Profit
    LOL - never seen that before, I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    2. make website
    3. Revenue
    4. Expenses
    5. Profit
    You forgot the

5. ????

Looks like I should make a point to add apple pies to my diet. $1 for 500 calories that can be consumed in a minute is pretty good.

If your willing to make your own I am pretty sure rice is almost always the cheapest per calorie. Considering some of the most expensive rice you can buy is organic rice from whole foods at about 2.50 a pound it is still 640 calories a dollar. If you bought non-organic in big 50 pound bags I am sure you could get it for about 50 cents a pound which would give you a whopping 3200 calories a dollar.

Yeah, raw staples are always a much better deal than anything else. Flour may beat rice, depends on the price. Peanut butter is a great deal, just not at that level.

Any way to make a list like that sorted by price/gram of protein?

I had three 5 layer burritos from TacoBell today. They were actually quite good. Only down side, it has given me hellacious gas and I was still hungry. Might need to try 5 next time.

Tomorrow, McDoubles. Might get 8 and have two 4 patty sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
    I had three 5 layer burritos from TacoBell today. They were actually quite good. Only down side, it has given me hellacious gas and I was still hungry. Might need to try 5 next time.

Tomorrow, McDoubles. Might get 8 and have two 4 patty sandwiches.
    4 McDoubles = 2 McQuads. If you ate 8 McDoubles, you might as well change your name to Cain Marko. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    4 McDoubles = 2 McQuads. If you ate 8 McDoubles, you might as well change your name to Cain Marko. :-)
    Should I film it? hahaha

+ Reply to Thread