+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: carbs/fat/protein recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Briks42 View Post
    I'm with you, I'm not one of those anti-carb weirdos at all. I fall into the "If it fits your macros" mentality, and the macros I target include a good dose of healthy carbs. I just think that on a bulk, there is plenty of room for 300+g of protein and still plenty of carbs and fats too.
    Agree. When bulking if you follow a weightlifter style diet your usualy going to get plenty of protein without really trying and if 300g of protein is what you want that is fine.

It's cutting that you have to watch it more. Less calories to play with and the body has more demand for protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    Agree. When bulking if you follow a weightlifter style diet your usualy going to get plenty of protein without really trying and if 300g of protein is what you want that is fine.

It's cutting that you have to watch it more. Less calories to play with and the body has more demand for protein.
    Yeah, I definitely agree with you. My training partner is cutting right now and doing well to maintain strength and muscle by keeping protein very high.

Briks dunno if you've seen this page http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2011/03...-training.html

but he is a strong sonofabitch and item #7 shows what he thinks/has observed about protein requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoye View Post
    Briks dunno if you've seen this page http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2011/03...-training.html

but he is a strong sonofabitch and item #7 shows what he thinks/has observed about protein requirements.
    Thanks for that. I like that site.

You're welcome. I like his training philosophy. Balanced and cuts through the bs.

Look up LeanGains.com.

You may not want to get into the fasting bit, but there is good information about calorie and carb cycling. Basically high carb, low fat on workout days (mostly starchy carbs), on rest days low carbs (from dairy, fibrous sources) and higher fat intake. Protein is kept the same on both days.

+ Reply to Thread