+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Northeasterners: BJ's vs Costco

Default Northeasterners: BJ's vs Costco

I've honestly been to a Costco once, and I don't even remember why. Anyone been to both a bunch of times? Does one have better milk than the other? Meat selection? Customer service? Member rates? Can't believe I'm asking this, but hey.

I'm responding just to note that I'm not making a Dalek joke.

Ugh. I was in the cooking tools isle and someone thought I was a salt shaker. Grabbed me by the eye and started dragging me, with much effort, toward checkout. When we passed home improvement, a hopeful couple thought my laser would make an excellent heavy-duty paint roller slide and another dimwit thought he found the Earth's coolest toilet plunger. The lot of them took me over to checkout, and when the cashier gave them these weird looks she directed us to management. When they all stopped yelling they actually heard my voice and apologized and gave soem half-assed excuse for mistaking me, clearly a Kaled being, for household items. I'm asking this because I don't think I can go back to the BJ's I do and Costco is the next closest wholesale store. Help an arch-enemy out?

This thread was originally serious, but then I just googled the stuff, so now we have this abomination that I never would have realized unless you made that reply.

Sadly, your optical apparatus was purchased as a plunger. Sorry, bro.

I buy eggs and milk from Costco. Cheaper than other places, and yes the eggs are pretty darn good (2.90 for 18 large eggs vs sainsburys 2 (temporary deal) for 12 mediums).

I've been to both. Costco is better. BJ's suck, no pun intended. But if you're in the NYC area, Fairway is the best supermarket.

I've been to both, and at least where I had been to them (long island, mid) BJ's was vastly better in this respect. Good selection of meats and other foods at great prices. Take a look at both by you and see which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    I've been to both. Costco is better. BJ's suck, no pun intended. But if you're in the NYC area, Fairway is the best supermarket.
    Fairway is great. But you can't get 5 dozen egg for ~5 bucks there.

I was just at bj's the other day and got 3 dozen eggs for $3.59, which seemed pretty good to me. Their coupons are always great. I got a pack of a dozen chobani greek yogurt which has a tasty 13g of protein per cup for $8.50 with the coupon.

Where I'm located there is a BJ's and Costco within 5 minutes drive of each-other. I use both depending on what I'm looking for, for example I'll use Costco for Fish Oil and Whey Protein.

+ Reply to Thread