starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foamy pee

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by bowdirk View Post
    Doesn't matter how much you drink, what matters is how much you need to function correctly.

If you only pee once/twice a day, you aren't drinking enough. IMO
    If you aren't pissing you should be drinking.

If you're not drinking you should be pissing.

I had been getting some cloudy and slightly frothy piss, looked it up and apparently it is fairly common and caused by phospates which can be from high amounts of milk intake.

Had urine test at docs though, and they reckon there might be some protein in it (notgood)

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Alright so every monring I wake up and take a gigantic piss, I've noticed lately thats its foamy. I read its from protein in your piss and that its a sign of kidney disease(I did almost go into kidney failure once from dehydration, but that was a long time ago) also my fingers are always swollen upon waking and I am extremely dehydrated, despite all the water I drink.

Thoughts? is anyone else like this?
    Swollen joints and large volumes of pee? You sound like my godfather. He has compromised kidney function and needs dialysis.

I was worried about this (well, concerned) but my blood tests indicate perfectly healthy kidneys. So I have no idea why I might have the frothy urine. But yeah, anything like that should be checked out, but for most people it's going to be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Swollen joints and large volumes of pee? You sound like my godfather. He has compromised kidney function and needs dialysis.
    I was on the verge on renal failure one time but that was because I had heat stroke; which came on slow because at first I only had heat exhaustion but I couldnt get to the hospital right away and was suffering with full body cramps for almost 2 hrs which then escalated into heat stroke. Most painful thing I've ever endured

Anyway the foamy piss and swollen hands has seemed to stop

found an interesting thread on the subject over at that site that shall not be named.

Also this document which has information regarding proteinuria induced by weight training.

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/drafts/Proteinuria.doc

I nearly died from salmonella sepsis not too long ago and suffered acute dehydration, among other things. Since then, I urinate frequently and despite remaining well hydrated I always feel dehydrated upon wakening and expel foamy urine too. My kidneys also hurt occasionally.

I don't know if has anything to do with salmonella, or my excessive milk intake, or if it's something entirely unrelated.

Tilt the glass more.

Might be caused by a veneral infection of the bunghole.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    I was on the verge on renal failure one time but that was because I had heat stroke; which came on slow because at first I only had heat exhaustion but I couldnt get to the hospital right away and was suffering with full body cramps for almost 2 hrs which then escalated into heat stroke. Most painful thing I've ever endured

Anyway the foamy piss and swollen hands has seemed to stop
    I'd still get it checked out. Foam could be protein or lipids and the possible causes are numerous ranging from easily treatable to very, very, VERYserious. And swollen hands definitely screams renal (but liver disease is still possible). Go. To. A. Doc. Once nephrons (the functioning unit of a kidney) are lost, they are lost for good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast