starting strength gym

Thread: Anyway to make up for lost sleep?

Default Anyway to make up for lost sleep?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    only slept about 4 and a half hours last night and trained that day to, had to perfect an assignment i had due in next morning.... Anyway to minimize the effect of lost sleep? squats where easy yesterday so i should be fine for tomorrow but really repped out the deadlift set to the limit so could it affect Fridays deadlift session?

Quote Originally Posted by deadliftman View Post
    only slept about 4 and a half hours last night and trained that day to, had to perfect an assignment i had due in next morning.... Anyway to minimize the effect of lost sleep? squats where easy yesterday so i should be fine for tomorrow but really repped out the deadlift set to the limit so could it affect Fridays deadlift session?
    "lost" in our world is lost... you can't make up/reain sleep. Just get your 8 hours tonight. Don't stress out today or over exert yourself. Just take it easy and you can recover well enough for tomorrow workout.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
    "lost" in our world is lost... you can't make up/reain sleep.
    James Maas has a different opinion.

http://www.livescience.com/9799-lost...alth%2BSciTech)

I think your best bet is to anticipate your schedule and nap the day before if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by raw32 View Post
    James Maas has a different opinion.
    I stand corrected but, I refer you to the last sentence.

5. Make up for lost sleep.
    Pay back your sleep debt in a timely fashion. Make up for any lost sleep as soon as possible. Sleep loss is cumulative. If you lose several hours on a given night, you will become more and more sleepy in the ensuing days, even though you get your "normal" sleep, so pay back your sleep debt. But remember: you cannot replace lost sleep at once. When you sleep longer to catch up, try to do so by going to bed earlier than usual. You cannot make up for large sleep losses during the week by sleeping in on the weekends. A nap during the day can help you pay back your sleep debt. The important rule is to return to your regular sleep schedule as soon as possible.
    That's the point I was getting at. Just get your rest the next night.

-1: http://www.simmons.com/access-to-experts.cfm

starting strength coach development program
    I tend not to notice it if its one day, especially later in the afternoon. That is why i switched to evening/later afternoon workouts, gave me time to eat and rest pre workout